Sugababes | Page 1471 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    The harmonies!

2. They sounded incredible live! They had to do it twice for some reason but they didn’t explain why, I doubt it had anything to do with them. Their closing harmony at the end of the song (not sure if it’s on the studio version...) was heavenly.

It was a very very short interview where they mentioned doing something for the 20 year anniversary but that was it, they didn’t even mention that they’d got their name back.

They all looked stunning in black (with gold here and there) and it was such a moment to hear them introduced as the Sugababes!

I can’t believe my luck at being front row right in front of the performance stage. I only got to see their interview from backstage as I was filming the red chair segment..... (although mine probably won’t make it to air but it was surreal to be flipped in the red chair).

acl, Sunny B, Sprockrooster and 56 others like this.
  3. So happy for you!

4. These posts back to back SENT ME

5. I thought the same!

6. Fantastic. I can't wait to see them tomorrow night.

LeBratt, Overdose and Holly Something like this.
  7. Pop. Justice.

Sunny B, LeBratt, Stopremix and 5 others like this.
  8. Hearing these three voices harmonizing in 2019 is breathtaking and the fact they are called Sugababes! Pop Justice indeed.

Sunny B, Mr Brightside, Maki and 12 others like this.
  9. Flowers is 18th on Spotify's New Music Friday playlist.

10. I forgot to say that Mojam were in the audience as well, I saw them leaving at the end of the show.

I’m 99% sure it was the shows decision to refilm the performance and not the girls, but Mutya did have a tiny little stumble somewhere in the middle of the song. Like, nothing close to falling, just went off balance for a quick second.

They don’t have a dance routine, they’re just like, bouncing as you would to Garage music but there’s a point where they freeze that’s really cute, I think they do it twice in the song. Also, the end harmony isn’t on the studio version which is a shame, it’s so beautiful.

Sunny B, cryctall, Crisp X and 16 others like this.
  11. This has got me tearing up a little. Those voices, those harmonies.

12. Just listened to it and I quite like it but, to be honest, find it a bit underwhelming.

One thing I’ve noticed that bothers me: Sugababes 1.0/5.0 doesn’t do Mutya justice.

In a lot of demos and the live performances of MKS it’s been all about Siobhán, followed by Keisha.

Mutya should be much more prominent. The class is Sugababes sound is built around Mutya’s voice.

#justiceformutya

Blayke and Santi319 like this.
  13. Just listening to it and it really is amazing to hear the original three girls sing again.

They have done the song justice and made it their own. I will be putting this on repeat on my commute to work tomorrow morning! Cannot wait to see what they have planned.

andru likes this.
  14. It's insane how similar Siobhan sounds in parts to her voice in Overload.

15. Sunny B, londonrain, LeBratt and 4 others like this.
  16. Pop has been saved, thank you girls

Sunny B, Ugly Beauty, LeBratt and 9 others like this.
  17. I’m sure we willed this into existence when we first heard they were reforming 84 years ago, and were discussing the type of material they would sound good on.

It’s everything I hoped it would be.

Praying for new music and an album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.