Sugababes | Page 1474 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

1. I can’t believe it’s finally happening. We’re SO blessed.

Sunny B, cryctall, LeBratt and 4 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    They look better than ever!

acl, Sunny B, Osiris and 41 others like this.
  3. I’m so happy for them and can’t imagine how happy they must be to finally be able to continue with their career as the Sugababes. I hope they always make music together now, and that we end up having more 1.0 material than 2.0 through the years.

4. Gosh I'm on cloud nine! I can't imagine how Keisha must be feeling, I'm so happy she fought for this.

It's 2019 and Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan are officially the Sugababes. The definition of Pop Justice.

5. It's such a monumental time for each of them. Who would have told any of us during Keishagate that we would hear her again on a Sugababes track.

breakaway, Sunny B, cryctall and 9 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So overjoyed for them!​

breakaway, acl, Sunny B and 59 others like this.
  7. I still can't believe it. After waiting so long. It all feels so surreal...

Sunny B, Maki, MmmDani and 9 others like this.
  8. Me, actually. God, ten years ago and I'm still hoping for the best for these women.

Flowers is gorgeous. Those melancholic strings at the start, the harmonies, the growth in their voices, the harmonies, the arrangements, the harmonies... I'm so proud of them. I was worried the orchestra would rob the song of bop, but it isn't the case at all.

9. Babe wait for the harmony at the end of the live version.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Sunny B, jakeyfw, blaze_dave and 11 others like this.
  10. Just bought the album on CD from Amazon UK; was only $15 USD to the States with shipping. I honestly love garage music so beyond "Flowers" I'm excited to have an album of fun.

Also, their first 1.0 recording on publicly-available physical media since...2001? Eager fans on Last.fm and Discogs have already updated their info too. A kii all around.

11. Even take away the fact that they have the name back and that it's all looking fucking promising - it's been over 5 years since we last saw them together like this! I'm really very happy.

Sunny B, cryctall, ohaimanabu and 6 others like this.
  12. You and me sat next to each other for Madge's Manchester Rebel Heart tour date fiasco, waiting for her to show up, talking all things MKS! Aaaah nice memories.

Sunny B, JMRGBY, blaze_dave and 5 others like this.
  13. Almost four years ago!! Such a great night sitting with a fellow Suga stan haha

With any luck we'll bump into each other at the next Sugababes tour!

14. This is fresh!! It bodes really well for other material.

Fanatical and andru like this.
  15. I haven’t graced myself with the full experience yet, but the clip and the comments have me so excited to hear the song tomorrow. As someone who only heard Flowers for the first time a couple of years ago, I’m extra excited because there was something that didn’t quite click for me to fully love it and I know the original Sugababes will rectify that.

Sunny B, ohaimanabu, Lapras and 6 others like this.
  16. Can we also mention...how much people told a good chunk of us to give it up, specifically people in this thread? I guess as a glass half-full person, I always was optimistic - which is my own approach, I admit. Something about them not simply just hanging it up and directly telling us so reminded me in many ways that they wanted it to work despite the label/legal drama; that they'd chosen this as their chosen path. I don't usually hold onto much, like the PCD reunion rumors over the years, or G.R.L. reforming and being "better" - I accepted that my intuition is not only present but strong when it comes to the reality of shit that I like. I just look back and realize how many people told me to stop being hopeful, to not get give a fuck period't as if they felt that they could save me from my own eventual disappointment, to divest from one specific thing...and I'm like...being "realistic" or "cynical" isn't always the only option. It's not me saying "I told you so", but more like "stop pessimistically applying your doubts to people that don't share your headspace". MKS/Sugababes are the ONE thing that I've held onto in all of my music journeys, and it's mostly because of the things that they've done or said in the last eight years that's kept me believing in their return. I don't necessarily feel validated, but rather glad right now. Sometimes hope works out. And right now it really feels like it has.

Happy Sugaday to everyone that never really stopped believing that Siobhán, Mutya, and Keisha would rise from their past and return to us once again. I'm still in awe that this is happening in any degree, at all.

acl, Sunny B, Robsolete and 55 others like this.
  17. AMEN!!!!!! I totally feel what you are saying, and had a very similar journey. Of course there were days when I was like ' ok maybe it's over', but I just had this feeling. I did not want to give up hope, and really believed it will come. Apart from some horrid people I've encountered, connecting with Suga fans really helped. Especially being frustrated, or making jokes together about the wait.

Congrats to all having their favorite band back, and enjoy the moment.

This is only the beginning

18. I wish Mutya’s bits weren’t so drowned out. I’m sure she’ll sound divine tomorrow.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  19. And this extended wait period only allowed us to gain an extra understanding of what makes the girls so special and important to the music landscape, even the 2.0 and 3.0 lineups. Especially how special the Sugababes are to us and our own music tastes. They really are among the gold standard in pop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.