Sugababes | Page 1490 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Putting this on the wall and framing it. Their performance was divine and my heart was bursting with pride.

2. Yes it did (if you mean 'I Lay Down' - the original version of the song).
    At first I found it underwhelming given my love for the Swimming Pools version and how some had described it, but after a few listens I've come to realise it really is one of their best - and even better than the remix.

Holly Something and AndrewX like this.
  3. What a brillant move this feature is. As often as flops are labeled buzz singles later this really is one. They are just a feature, but they gain traction. Perfect.

Still so surreal. And I am so nervous about them properly going. If it doesn’t go well this time around it’ll might as well be their last chance. And judging buy what they delivered seven years ago they are not gunning for one nostalgia tour but for being a fully functioning act again.

Exciting times no matter what happens. And I am pretty sure in the end we’ll get at least a few shows. I’ll be there.

SacredThistle likes this.
  4. Discogs is great, but I would also suggest checking eBay from time to time. Earlier this year I got two sweet deals from two different sellers that seemed to just want to get rid of their Suga-collection. The first was 8 singles and 2 albums (UK editions with bonus tracks I didn't already have) and the second was a 7 singles deal. They cost me about 200NOK and 150NOK respectively!

LeBratt and Overdose like this.
  5. I thought it was quite interesting that in my opinion Keisha and Siobhan’s vocals are more prominent on Flowers, but then during the live performance Mutya commanded all my attention.

Although I couldn’t focus fully with my mum whinging in the corner that it’s not the same without Heidi. Some people can’t appreciate a good thing.

MM, Sunny B, myblood and 7 others like this.
  6. XXX

XXX

I'm one of those people who misses Heidi's presence, but I'm glad to have them in any shape, way or form (not 4.0). Looking forward to a new album.

breakaway, Sunny B, myblood and 8 others like this.
  7. Anything but 4.0 is a good thing!

MM, londonrain and No hay banda like this.
  8. Heidi is definitely missed after a Twitter search of her name.

At the end of the day you just cant forget about a member who was there for seven out of eight album eras.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

With all of their line-ups there just was no 'right' way to do this.
    Though for some of it it is, this isn't about the ultimate nostalgic Sugababes reunion, it's about the originals getting back together and they rock it thusfar. I will say that a reunion with Heidi could have been just as exciting in a different way, but with all that happened a complete 'reboot' sorta makes more sense.

blaze_dave, MM, myblood and 12 others like this.
  10. This totally brightened up my day. I can't stop replaying the LIVE version. It's been on REPEAT.

The way they harmonised in the intro - "I'LL BRING YOU FLOWERRRSSSSSSSS"

[​IMG]

I've always wanted to say this, amidst all of the drama, I kinda wanted a Keisha album. I mean I go back to the two Siobhan and Mutya albums from time to time. They're still gems to me. One from her will complete the solo collection of the originals.

JasonJay, MM, leedlelee... and 7 others like this.
  11. Flowers Streaming Numbers: 81,024

12. acl

acl

I just came out of the amazon yesterday from a 3 week retreat so was already looking forward to hearing flowers for the first time on spotify. So to come out and hear it and then have my mum tell me that they were on graham norton just blew my mind.

The studio version is gorgeous but that live performance was EVERYTHING. As you all have said already, they looked incredible, their chemistry was better than ever, 3 unique, confident, classy women. And then the vocals OMG! individually perfection and then together like what you must hear when you reach heaven, their blend is the pinnacle of gods creation.

I'm going to watch that at least 10 times a day for the next 2 weeks. I'm stoked as well cause im gonna see them next week at the albert hall - life really is a beautiful thing.

Burzum, MM, myblood and 11 others like this.
  13. That’s great! I’ve checked discography and it’s more expensive than amazon UK. Will just keep on searching!

The new song is just getting better for me. I love the brass section in the song. And I’ve missed those harmonies! Is their any other girl group like them!?

Burzum, Sugaboy and berserkboi like this.
  14. Whoever came up with ‘A Spoony of Suga’, I salute you.

15. kal

kal

Nope.

16. At the end of the day yes you can forget! I’ve not thought about Heidi once or the others in fact!

17. kal

kal

There’s no need to forget. You could just, you know, enjoy what’s happening without exclusively talking about Heidi and Amelle.

What are your thoughts on Flowers?

18. HRH

HRH

Flowers is amazing and the performance was sublime. The second time they sing "I'll bring you flowers" in the chorus brings me chills (harmonies!!!).

I think the Heidi talk is just a symptom of people's appetite for a proper Sugababes reunion. Not necessarily new music, just... something. Time has passed, and the divide between the original line-up and Heidi/Amelle is ruining their legacy.

To quote Aaliyah: we need a resolution.

LeBratt likes this.
  19. I will miss @_Gru_

What we have right now is the ultimate Sugababes reunion. All six of them together would make loose them all credibility. People would riot.

This.

MM, Shelby '68, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  20. Flowers is a great song and their live performance was fab!

I‘d love they get Heidi on board and form a 4-piece group. Not going to happen and they’re great as they are now, but due to pure nostalgia I can’t help but miss Heidi...

XXX and K-El like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.