Sugababes | Page 1491 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Yet you remember her now...

2. They truly are one of a kind. My all-time favourite girl group and one of my favourite musical acts ever!

And update regarding the b-sides for those who are interested (thanks tor all the tips on how to find them). I’ve now found all of the B-sides and bonus tracks from the Three era through amazon and iTunes with a little research! (for a reasonable price even tho the shipping costs was a bit much). I only miss a few b-sides from the other eras now, but for now I’m really happy with my growing collection.

Ah, what you do for your faves! I feel they are so special because they are that rare act who actually have b-sides better than some of the album tracks! Especially the One Touch and Three era b-sides! Gosh, I love so many of them

Burzum and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. So as well as having Flowers on loop I'm also really feeling Champagne & Rose's today. Mutya's opening line on that is just.......beyond..... talent wins!

Totto, Robert and madgemad like this.
  4. I've always believed Mutya's voice to be the glue that binds the vocals of Keisha and Siobhan together. Wonderfully, everybody is going nuts online for their harmonies, which is very 'I didn't know they did that' but now they do. They (the 'Babes) sound like a tight group. The tightest. Even the ubiquitous Rita Ora stans 1.0. It's great. I'm so impressed with how this is going. Who knew they'd get this reaction from Flowers?

No-one needs to feel bad or indignant on Heidi's behalf. She's living her best life, no longer interested in being in the band. Vocally, I'm not sure she fits in anyway.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  5. HRH

HRH

To be clear: they shouldn't record with Heidi (unless they want to) but it would nice to see a photo with her, maybe a Greatest Hits collection that incorporates her and Amelle (photos, quotes/interviews in the booklet etc.).

An acknowledgment of this band's history in its entirety is vital. A reunion without that will always feel messy to me.

leedlelee... likes this.
  6. I wanted this for Mutya on Overloaded. It didn't happen! I was told it had to be the current lineup. Anything's possible. Me? I expect them to recreate the One Touch cover art as adult women. A 'break the internet' (or maybe damage it a little) moment.

7. Can we thread-ban the trolls who just keep mentioning H**di at every turn for no reason during this discussion? It’s getting super annoying to come in and discuss what’s happening to have to then have another circular discussion alongside the exciting news the fans have been waiting for for six years. Sure, discuss other members but now really is not the time.

8. HRH

HRH

Fortunately they aren't with Crown or Island anymore.

londonrain and DoggySwami like this.
  9. I can see Heidi imaybe being involved again at some point in the future, she was an important part of the group.

But not any time soon.

goodra90 likes this.
  10. I love this idea. Maybe also just take a photo with the three of them holding a framed pic of the One Touch cover.

Untouchable Ace and Kirkland like this.
  11. I'm one of the biggest Heidi's Stans BUT I wouldn't be comfortable in her joining the band again knowing all the past friction that could lead to other dramas.
    No more drama in this band. We've had enough.

Now it's time for music. Only music.

12. Not to divert the conversation from talking about past-members/who is a valid Sugababe or any of that shit for the MILLIONTH time, but Sugababes were just on National Australian Television. *squeal* It was the Graham Norton Show and whilst I appreciate we’ve had that magical performance for two days now but to see it on a very popular free-to-air channel on a popular show was just magnificent. The former-turned-present teenage stan jumped out of me and Live Recorded the whole ordeal on Facebook and sending text message prompts to friends and family that the fucking Sugababes were on TV.

Only these girls, their music and their sheer presence can do that to someone. I shouldn’t even be feeling such a way after familiarising but still - THEIR IMPACT IS REMARKABLE!

13. [​IMG]

14. kal

kal

Actually, let me revise my answer here.

Kitchen Party (formerly known as WooWoos) were a group that worked almost exclusively with Cameron McVey and their sound was very similar to the early Sugababes stuff. Unfortunately most of their music isn’t available anywhere.

I’d actually be grateful if someone can point me in a direction where I can get it.

MM, myblood, sesita and 4 others like this.
  15. We did it!!

16. That reminds me! I don't own One Touch on vinyl. Yet.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  17. Urgh!

I did not want to indulge this but I think that it is important to say...

I understand why some of us (emphasis on us, because let’s not forget that we are a community here) feel that Heidi is getting a raw deal.

However, this line-up reforming and reclaiming the name is about repairing a legacy that has been damaged by multiple line-up changes, which were caused by management taking sides and playing the girls against each other.

The original line-up reforming is a full circle moment. It means that the Sugababes began with them, and will end with them if and when they decide the time is right. It means that no member is replaceable.

If the girls ever entertained the idea - I don’t think they would - of including Heidi, then they re-open the door members being replaceable, which would undermine the hard work put in to getting where we are today.

The message is “we are the original Sugababes, and this is what could/should have happened years ago”

18. The Sugababes are a three piece band so four members performing together just wouldn't work.

Heidi is a big part of their legacy but Siobhan has never had a proper chance to shine and I think this is her chance.

19. Fizzy Lettuce was great.

20. At this point just wait for the 20th Anniversary: Full Circle Edition including a second vinyl disc with re-recordings of the singles plus B-sides, Flowers, and Flatline. Plus the new single Promises 2020.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.