Sugababes | Page 1492 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My favourite Sugababe was Heidi and 2.0 is my favourite line-up but this moment is all about Keisha, Mutya and Siobhán and I couldn’t be more proud and happy for them.

This week reminds me of my full-mode stanning them 2004-09 (and 2012/2013). Sugababes is just my favourite act ever.

2. Sugababes are at #59 on the Australian iTunes Chart. Graham Norton is still being shown across Australia (4 different time zones) so it can only get better from here!

I know this doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but my pride is on overdrive!

Holly Something, MM, myblood and 12 others like this.
  3. There absolutely is, and their active - All Saints. Their recent output is phenomenal and this time round they get to perform live a lot whereas in their heyday most of their performances were mimed and they hardly toured so you couldn't really tell if they could actually sing. I'd say their ability to harmonise is in the same league as Sugababes. With the currently fairer vocal distribition it is apparent that every member has solid moments and their voices blend really well together. For example just take any radio performance of theirs, whether of their own songs or cover versions (there's plenty and all are classics!)
    And Shaznay's a sweetheart, I hope an All Saints & Sugababes joint tour is on the cards:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. I wouldn't say All Saints can harmonise like 1.0, but I will say they're a talented pop group. Shaznay, of course, is the ultimate talent in All Saints. Really, she's brilliant. I would love for her to write with the 'Babes again.

5. HRH

HRH

(I love them but only half of All Saints can sing.)

Blayke and Kirkland like this.
  6. A Sugababes x All Saints single would be nice a couple of years from now, when they've had time to establish themselves.

acl, Butterfly and kal like this.
  7. Amen! I'm a Little Fizzy Lettuce as well. I was so gutted they didn't go anywhere.

Can't wait to see the Anus Flower 20 years later!

8. Sugababes got a mention this week on one of my favourite podcasts No Such Thing As A Fish!

They really are working their way back into the UK’s consciousness!

MmmDani and DoggySwami like this.
  9. My mum phoned me to tell me they were discussing them on (shudder) Talk Sport.

10. I sincerely encourage you to reassess your judgement.

Love to have both groups coexist at the same time! There's still so much exciting things to come from them!

Subspace88, evangelion and kal like this.
  11. Sorry not sorry but Heidi was paid what she needed to do as a Sugababe and we appreciate that but she’ll never be able to replace Siobhan (Miss Donaghy, if you have taste!) in terms of harmonies, vocals and chemistry with the girls. This goes the same for Amelle. And the less spoken about Jade the better.

I mean when you hear Siobhan on the live versions of Round Round + Caught In The Moment (as MKS) singing all the Heidi parts, you’ll understand what I mean.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    MM likes this.
  12. Loving all this lovely show of goodwill towards them from their musical peers.

Overdose likes this.
  13. STOP WHILE YOU’RE AHEAD! Both groups are amazing girl bands from the UK with amazing harmonies and albums in their respective discography. There’s no need to compare when you’re getting double the amount of albums and good pop music.

acl, londonrain and Subspace88 like this.
  14. Screaming at that interview. Car is the new book.

15. kal

kal

I wonder what will sound better - the Sugababes car or...

Burzum, myblood, Maki and 3 others like this.
  16. I love the idea of it, but it would take a very brave pop group to want to sing against Mutya, Keisha, and Siobhan. Especially in a live setting. Eeeek.

MmmDani likes this.
  17. 'Flowers' is currently No.15 in the UK iTunes Chart.

Garage Classical is still holding its place at No.4 in the album charts.

'Flowers' currently has 81,024 streams on Spotify.

Incredible stats so far in less than 48 hours!

myblood, Maki, MYCAL and 12 others like this.
  18. I don’t see how anyone who expresses an opinion on missing an ex-member of a band is a “troll”. Should anyone who said they missed Victoria on the Spice World tour have been banned from that thread?

And I wouldn’t say it’s for “no reason” 90% of the band’s success was with Heidi. Siobhan being back is the equivalent of when Atomic Kitten reunited with Kerry.

chanex, ohaimanabu, XXX and 2 others like this.
  20. I bet Siobhan Donaghy, possessor of an immaculate and critically acclaimed discography, never thought she’d be compared to Kerry Katona.

Totto, LTG, Runawaywithme and 34 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.