Sugababes | Page 1574 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ‘About A Girl (The Superior
    Version)’ appeared on the Sweet 7 6-track sampler.

2. Speaking of rarely praised but great

No rap edit because the rap section is meh

3. correct me if I'm wrong but was Sweet 7 completed with Keisha before they had Jade re-record her vocals?

4. Yes. Crash and Burn was the only song on the album that was added after Jade joined.

MmmDani, sesita, GCZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. gas

gas

I believe it premiered on radio. I remember hearing it for the first time on PerezHilton after it had debuted on radio. Not sure if that play came from album sampler or a single radio sampler.

6. My signed copy of the condom wrapper for the Get Sexy promo is one of my prized possessions.

fabulous marketing, if not a little sleezy, haha.

myblood, Burzum, Overdose and 3 others like this.
  7. I would love for them to collaborate with Mabel. There's such a lovely backstory there (baby Mabel was apparently in the studio when they were recording One Touch, right?) And can you imagine Mutya and Mabel's voices together?

[​IMG]

myblood, acl, claire_louise and 24 others like this.
  8. It makes sense, doesn't it?

myblood, Blayke, MmmDani and 3 others like this.
  9. We’re 2 weeks into 2020.

... Where’s the album?

myblood, londonrain, Totto and 7 others like this.
  10. I'll start worrying...if there's nothing from them in September.

MmmDani and ohaimanabu like this.
  11. I will be even more gutted if this isn’t a song or album title

londonrain, MmmDani and ohaimanabu like this.
  12. I'm listening to Catfights And Spotlights in bed and whew, I forgot just how stunning it is. The gloomy atmosphere, the bops, the dramatic ballads, the vocals and the 60's vibes are all perfect and I personally think this album is highly underated. It justify's the existence of 3.0. What a great swansong.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    myblood, scottdisick94, acl and 11 others like this.
  13. It's the best Sugababes record for me. Fantastic from start to finish and vocally all three are on top of their game particularly Keisha who never sounded better so full and vibrant. The gloomy atmosphere gives it an ethereal quality and darkness that makes for perfect winter listening.

I wish it had been fully promoted with a 4 single campaign and accompanying tour however I'm glad we did get those few live performances of some of the tracks however I'll never not be gutted that Sunday Rain and Unbreakable Heart weren't among them.

myblood, acl, sesita and 2 others like this.
  14. It's in second place just behind One Touch for me, I wish we got more video's and performances from the era too. Can We Call A Truce for me sticks out as a huge missed opportunity for a winter ballad single with a beautiful video. I'd love the album to be pressed on vinyl, it would sound perfect.

acl, Mr.Arroz and _Gru_ like this.
  15. Heidi's part steals that one so sweet and delicate. Takes the song to another level.

ohaimanabu and Runawaywithme like this.
  16. One of my favourite recorded vocal performances ever, truly.

17. Stellar album! I was always afraid to say I loved it LOL

Runawaywithme and _Gru_ like this.
  18. I'm screaming! Looks like they were in the studio with Kabba & MNEK today!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.