Sugababes | Page 1614 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I don't think it will be. When an album is announced, then a new thread can be made. But otherwise I think this thread can stay here.

2. Makes sense, this is more of a general discussion thread anyway

RainOnFire likes this.
  3. Well there you go, another Sugababes react video. Keisha sounded stunning here

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    MmmDani and Sugaboy like this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Scream, Keisha and Heidi were clearly live; Amelle's mic was covered by a studio backing track. At least have a pre-recorded track available...

5. For some reason I don‘t like watching her videos anymore, also from all the really great performances out there, she picked this one.

LKane and Sugaboy like this.
  6. That was the point. She has a series called ‘what the f’ and reacts to performances where something went wrong, sent in by viewers.

Island, DoggySwami, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  7. Heidi literally makes this song , no other Sugababe could sing this .

Bolsson, AllSixSugababes and Jasper47 like this.
  8. I really don't like this song. It doesn't feel Sugababes to me at all....

Shelby '68 likes this.
  9. I still think that the debut performance of Denial, on the Album Chart Show is the best they had done with that song. Everything else after that there was always some kind of flaw.

I remember ripping that audio and flogging it until I got the demo - that underwater submarine sounding version of Denial.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Lord yes! Back on my iPod...nano.

Christ, 2007 was forever and a day ago.

11. I love Denial, and feel it should have done better. I can’t stand Heidi’s vocals on the verses live however. The pitch and tone just doesn’t agree with my ear. I prefer her on the studio track as it’s blended beautifully.

12. Random listen to Easy today. I’d forgotten how much life that final chorus gives me. Phew.

13. Denial is amazing in form of studio recording, but it works awful live. I've yet to see a good performance of it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    acl, Lapras and Sugaboy like this.
  14. I’d love to see MKS sing it.

15. Denial was such an instant love for me back in 2007. Even moreso than Push the button, About you now or Hole in the head were. I just love how powerful and anthem-like it sounds

Bolsson, Jam and sugababesoverloaded like this.
  16. I never liked Easy. I think the music video of them dancing in dirty toilets is pretty fun. But the song for me is a bit of a snore.

17. kal

kal

I never got the overwhelming love for Denial. It’s just... fine.

18. They've quoted that fake Mutya twitter account from years ago! Sis do some research first. I also find it a bit funny when people try to show Sugababes history in overlu dramatic manner. A girlband survived ten years of hits and career. Of course it wouldnt go without bumps and hiccups
    How many other similar bands survived this long and stayed relevant? Even in their darkest moments they still delivered top ten hits. And now the band reformed again. Obviously the lineup changes were messy in many ways but lets rather talk about their successes. There has been so many

acl, JasonJay, Island and 2 others like this.
  19. Thank goodness they're back and positive articles can once again be written about them. The article is good and accurate for the most part. It glosses over Flowers though.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Jasper47 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.