Sugababes

They aren't gonna slash the price or throw out last minute variants that won't actually make them money. I'm sure they'd much a rather a top 20 with healthy profit margins, than a top 10 shifting copies at barely above cost.

Tea, but it's not like there aren't easy wins they could have done this week that would have cost them nothing. For a lot of these week-of-release sales techniques it's just about pushing casuals over the line to buy: discounting on iTunes is easy and might snatch a few extra curiosity sales, shifting some of the existing vinyl or CDs with a signed print would've easily paid for itself, etc. This should be standard for archive reissues or albums of original material now.

Tell him to release more Overload signed CDs, please. Hahahaha.

Meanwhile, this is my One Touch collection.
sugababes.jpg

Oh, so those are the US and JP covers that Siobhan mentioned in the Q&A. I had forgotten about them. I get why they went for them, but the original has some timeless feel to it.

I think some of the expectations around this release are a bit skewed. London is basically a back-catalogue label now; this is a cash-in, albeit a very well thought out and care-filled one. This isn't Kylie or Steps throwing everything but the kitchen sink at a high chart position because the album is really loss-leading promo for a tour. They aren't gonna slash the price or throw out last minute variants that won't actually make them money. I'm sure they'd much a rather a top 20 with healthy profit margins, than a top 10 shifting copies at barely above cost.

I definitely agree, especially at your point around London being more specifically a back catalogue label now, so that definitely changes things budget wise. Whilst adding more variants wouldn't be suitable for this release (like you said it's not a new album or a tour promoting campaign), I do think it would have been wise, and not too financially burdening, to see them notice how front loaded sales were and discount the iTunes just a little for that additional push today. Especially seeing how close they are to nabbing that top 10 spot! The 13yr old me just wants to see One Touch be a top 10 album, as silly as it sounds.

I mean, they could’ve put out a digital deluxe expanded edition with more of the remixes made for the “New Year”, “Run For Cover” and “Soul Sound” singles (and maybe some more alternative versions, surprised “Overload” and “Run For Cover” didn’t have one) if they wanted to.

Also, sorry, I know everyone was wetting themselves over the 2021 mixes but the stuff on the Amazon bonus disc are far more essential for me. The swiftness of how I removed the 2021 mixes into the trash bin to put those extras in their place on my library ddd.

Last edited:
I'm obsessed with All Around The World - it's a sound we've never heard them explore before so it's completely new to my ears. I didn't know what to expect style-wise, definitely not that kind of sound. Sugababes are just so versatile

In terms of charting, to have done so well without any promo has been amazing.

I was a bit rage I had to open my pristine LP to get the Download code, I opened the wrong one first! Anyways!

What I wouldn't say no too, though it'll never happen, is the rest of the One Touch singles being given the Overload CD single treatment....not a lot to stick on the New Year CD but Run For Cover and particularly Soul Sound had a lot of remixes.

They'd look cute together.

They could have done a proper double vinyl with the additional tracks and remixes. Oh well.
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't. Not much of an "anniversary edition" if it's just the original album (albeit on colored vinyl with a new sleeve). Were they at least included in the download with the vinyl?

I know I'm late with this, but I'm home for the weekend and just opened my One Touch vinyl. That green is so disappointing on the tri-colour. They managed to match up the other two so well to the artwork.

Tell him to release more Overload signed CDs, please. Hahahaha.

Meanwhile, this is my One Touch collection.
sugababes.jpg
Waiting to be able to get the new Overload signed CD. Is someone selling it here, please? Hahahaha.

Just to complete my collection. Well... And I would buy a vinyl bundle or something, but I'm afraid I would have to pay duties from the UK to Spain.