Sugababes | Page 2920 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Siobhan continued replying more questions and the effort she puts into them is fantastic.

2. Siobhán when the fan questions kept piling on:
    [​IMG]

Us finding out about the former Crown operative:
    [​IMG]

3. Oh I didn't notice that part ddd.

4. Definitely think they’re saving all TV/radio/live promo until they have a new album.

Given how well this reissue has done with next to no promo, I’m excited how well a new album could perform on the charts.

But still really want a top 10 on Friday!

RHOPJ likes this.
  5. I think slap another special package would have been smart. One Touch alternative cover with them now or a signed vinyl with the alternative cover of them now. We all know we would Chuck money at this . A one touch album cover of them back then and now.

The day time tv thing I don’t think works. It’s mostly over 60’s that tune in to those shows anyway and probably don’t even buy the record. If only top of the pops and those type of shows were back as it was a good platform to introduce music to various ages.

while we know it’s going to out peak 26# is just amazing, but deep down the 00’s me is so passionate for that top 10 status.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    topopMAC1 likes this.
  6. We all know what they need to do is add a 2021 acoustic disc, everyone who has already bought would buy again. They could even be as tight as putting out a new New Year acoustic single and adding it onto the digital addition to see massive gains.

7. Finally finally FINALLY listened to the Amazon bonus disc and oh. my god. One Touch - Alternative Mix is just so good. Between C.R.E.A.M. Remix and this, i wonder why they went with the most boring version for the album…

GCZ and Jasper47 like this.
  8. Well you‘re not wrong but still a handful of actual TV performances wouldn‘t harm anyone and there‘s always a first, so they couldn‘t do anything wrong really.

9. Keisha's side eye right after she says "Mutya seems to think it's a Travelodge......" Screaming.

10. I would have thrown all the money at a vinyl with the Japanese cover.

rubirubi likes this.
  11. I had no idea Liz Collins photographed the cover. She was also responsible for this seminal 2000 pop release

[​IMG]

12. GCZ

GCZ

I’m loving the alternative mix as well! It’s so cool!

13. They could have done a proper double vinyl with the additional tracks and remixes. Oh well.

I'm gong to predict... #17 in the chart tomorrow.

14. kal

kal

I will be super happy if it manages a #13 position somehow.

15. ADM

ADM

Mine finally arrived (even though the vinyl has already caused a little rip out of the case). It’s gorgeous! I don’t know why for some reason I thought the remixes would be on there too, I’m thinking I might have to buy the Amazon version now, I didn’t think I’d have any interest in a CD, but forgot I could bop to it in my car, specially it’s got everything on it! I’d probably be tempted to swap the signed Overload CD for it.

16. As has been said, daytime tv promo wouldn't have been that beneficial. Radio 1/2 (they can score with both demographics! Whew, the talent!), SongExploder, Apple Music, Genius etc. (with a view for listening/watching these episodic materials on Spotify/YouTube/On Demand streaming services) is the kind of creative promo outlets that reap bigger awards.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  17. #13 is where the legendary Run For Cover charted in the UK, and it'll be one spot higher than Sweet 7 which would then make that their lowest charting album. So I guess that would be a nice (one) touch! Not a dig at 4.0, I didn't mind that album... it just wasn't Sugababes.

I have mixed feelings about the way the week has panned out with regards to the release. I know it's a re-release, and less of a 'new album' kind of affair (where we would expect TV interviewers, performances, mid-week variants etc) but I think how the sales have been left completely frontloaded is a bit of a shame when even simple things like reducing the iTunes cost yesterday could have given them more of a bump of late week sales (it's currently at #128..) or, like has been suggested already, signed copies of the vinyl or CD.

It's mainly been fantastic - I cannot fault the design, package, colour editions of both vinyls and the 4 cassettes, along with the expanded CD etc. Credit to the girls and the team for putting it together so incredibly well! I just think London Records are a bit behind the times when compared to other labels at the moment. I know not every record label / band releases music for the sole purpose of solidifying a top 10 spot (hell, it peaked at #26 in 2001, and we all know it was worthy of a #1!) but I think this would have been a perfect opportunity and celebration to get this fantastic (and absolutely iconic) album into the top 10 where it always deserved - just for the history books.

With that said, I know deep down that chart positions don't really matter, and I'm just thrilled to have the girls back. I've been playing the album and all the extra material non-stop this week, which had made my heart happy!

Mr.Arroz, Shelby '68, Sugaboy and 6 others like this.
  18. I would have bought a vinyl bundle if they offered a new bunch of signed Overload singles... But nothing. I'll just keep my Amazon bonus disc edition for now.

Systemagic likes this.
  19. I asked my London friend (to add signed vinyl or whatever to secure Top 10) and he said they're all super happy with the release and how it's done so far.

TRAVVV, Mr.Arroz, JasonJay and 19 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.