Sugababes | Page 3113 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. If life is so good that getting this angry about what section of a forum you need to click to talk about a band is the worst thing, then I'm super jealous. It doesn't matter. Hell, in Pop&Justice, the thread would be buried immediately. Here, it's always visible. Calling the mods incompetent as well as being constantly rude and combative with them is not going to help anyone's cause. Posting that you're 'going to keep on moaning' till you get what you want is the epitome of acting like a child. How is any of this helpful to anybody?

2. kal

kal

I’m not angry. I’m frustrated. I’ve already outlined why I’m frustrated several times. It’s not so much about the thread anymore - it’s the lack of consistency in adhering to self-imposed guidelines, combined with a complete refusal to take in criticism, or address feedback in good faith.

Point me to the response that gives me a straight answer on why certain threads can skirt the guidelines, but others can’t.

Me moaning about the thread is just a roundabout way of pointing out the hypocrisy, and believe me, it’s as unpleasant for me as it is for you. But it’s something that needs to be addressed sooner or later. And I find it particularly disingenuous that both you and the mod team are trying to paint me as a combative child, with the addition of your provocative responses trying to start a fight with me, which will only result in me being banned from the thread or the forum, and the issue will be swept under the rug as it has been in the past.

And I’m supposed to put up with that as competence? Well, my apologies for having too high expectations.

Jasper47 likes this.
  3. I am in no way trying to pick a fight because I can't be arsed with that, I'm pointing out that your actions are not helping your case and holding a mirror up to how you are acting over something that, in the grand scheme of things, does not negatively impact you or others on the board. If it's not yielding results, it's not yielding results - continuing to do this is going to make it less likely your concerns over this will be taken seriously. I am not painting you as a combative child - how can I when you're holding the brush?

4. kal

kal

That’s really not what it looked like to me.
    I mean, this is cute, but my current behavior is essentially a last resort. I’ve been occasionally bringing this issue up for probably a year now. What even is the point of these guidelines about Comeback Corner if they’re not consistently adhered to? What even is the point of bringing up issues and giving feedback, when the moderator team will privately make decisions without taking anything but their biases into consideration?

It’s amazing that this entire thing could have been prevented if one or two threads were moved into this section of the forum. But I suppose mods have egos too, and the egos have taken the helm.

Jasper47 likes this.
  5. I acknowledge that you feel that way but I can't be responsible if you've interpreted my comments with a malice that wasn't there.

This is exactly what being combative is. You could have just left it as a paragraph but adding insults in is diluting your cause. The more you do this, the less likely you're going to be listened to - I know I wouldn't be if I was a mod reading that.

6. kal

kal

What conclusion am I supposed to make from this entire ordeal? It’s precisely the ego that will prioritize my tone over what I’m saying and whether it makes sense or not.

Jasper47 likes this.
  7. I'm leaving this conversation now (you could say that the conversation's over) because it's clearly not making any impact. Have a good day.

8. kal

kal

It’s funny, people keep doing this when they can’t answer simple questions.

Jasper47 likes this.
  9. Another solution would be to delete this polarising thread altogether.

10. This springs to mind…

11. If that's the case, it shouldn't be hard to move thread!? This whole thing feels like "we don't like to be criticized and because kal did it anyways we school him by not following our own guidelines and point him as the aggressor".
    You just followed the same pattern...

kal likes this.
  12. A bop. A performance.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Kal has received a temporary thread ban for persistently derailing the thread over an issue the mod team feel we have explained fairly and clearly. He has received multiple reports over his posts and we feel for now this thread could do without him, we’re sorry it’s come to this. The Sugababes thread is remaining in this part of the forum currently, and we hope the thread can move on for now and if there’s any questions please PM one of us. Thank you.

14. I, for one, cannot wait for the tour. It's so soon as well, a couple of months and we'll be discussing the setlist!

15. I would like a temporary thread ban too, please!

Burzum and kal like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

…Ok!

17. The dramatics!

[​IMG]

Scab, GodsAndMonsters, pmas and 18 others like this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

19. I've made a mess
    I'm smiling around broken glass
    Now I confess
    It kinda makes me feel a little better
    I left you a letter saying I know what you did
    Who you've been sleeping with
    Oh, what a weight
    Lifted off my shoulder
    Mama used to say "You'll understand
    When you get a little older"
    Now that I can show her that I'm good
    So good

One of my favourite verses from 1.0/MKS material… ever? Siobhan sings it so beautifully.

20. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.