Sugababes | Page 3145 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I think a live re-recorded album would do wonders for them. With the age of recorded Greatest Hits from "legacy" acts doing really well, and with thier incredible vocal talent and new band, I think if it was handled correctly it would be great. Throw in a few of the MKS era leaks (a full I Lay Down with just the piano would end me!!) Shoot some new artwork and release some cute physicals. I could see it doing well.

stomp, blaze_dave, topopMAC1 and 6 others like this.
  2. He

He

Are vocal competitions still a thing? I think they could do so much amongst the crowds that watch those (live vocals etc), or even becoming (host) coaches.

3. Hopefully we get a form of televised performance during their festivals next year.

I wondered whether Glasto would have them back at a bigger stage next year given their successes this year?

4. Probably not without a new album, but the fact they nearly caused a riot this year is a good indication that they'll be on a bigger stage next time around.

Subspace88 and Runawaywithme like this.
  5. ADM

ADM

They would be a cool guest mentor on The Voice now you say it (although no one even watches that anymore, at least we'd get new content).

6. I never understood why none of them were used on The Voice or X Factor at the height of those shows success when you consider how big the group was. Even the Australian version didn't touch them. When you consider their success and vocals it seems like it would be a no brainer.

I wish I could understand why the UK is so odd when it comes to acknowledging how successful and talented they were at such a young age.

7. They would have been excellent at the height of X Factor as guests or performers, but all those singing shows are just tacky now.

8. Leigh-Anne was on The Voice as an advisor (or whatever they’re called) for Anne-Marie.

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  9. Keisha was interviewed for The Guardian about what it's like to hit #1.
    I love how this makes it sound as though she left right after, her concept of time is right there with Mutya's.

10. I cringed at her saying it was their “sixth and last” hit. I still believe in the Sugababes and getting a sweet 7th (and more) #1(s)!!!

Also, yeah, uhhh, Keisha, did you forget you had the rest of not only that album campaign but a whole other album after “About You Now” hit #1? Or maybe she’s subliminally trying to retcon Catfights and Spotlights.

11. kal

kal

You mean her solo album?

breakaway, Island, JasonJay and 11 others like this.
  12. The UK still likes the idea that you're only allowed to be acknowledged as successful and talented (without attributing it to anyone ese) if you're male and/or your first wave of hits were in the 70s.

13. [​IMG]

lushLuck, tylerc, SiduousIII and 16 others like this.
  14. Mutya would have made an iconic talent show judge.

SiduousIII, Island, dell321 and 6 others like this.
  15. It's a bit haphazard but I'd tried a few times to put Sugababes' vocals over Tom Aspaul's production and actually managed something half decent I think tonight. It isn't the best, especially because of using filtered tracks.

16. Just got an email to say the anniversary remixes LP has been shopped. Super excited to hear the Blood Orange mix on vinyl.

Tchotchke, ohaimanabu and kal like this.
  17. Keisha has just said that Boys and Lay Down In Swimming Pools were considered for the tour! And (my question) she would like to do Follow Me Home with S&M

18. Hopefully they can be added for the Summer shows!

Simone likes this.
  19. He he i asked her that question (what songs were close). My heart was hoping to read “Ace reject” ha ha.

OlliMaus, Untouchable Ace and Simone like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.