Sugababes

I have a unrelated question to what's going on now. I was listening to Hole In The Head, In The Middle, and Red Dress and I thought to myself how I don't even know what they're about. Crazy Xenomania lyrics but they make sense once you hear it a few times. Is Hole In The Head an expression? Also, Kicks is a common word I noticed with Sugababes and Girls Aloud lyrics is that a UK saying? (I'm from NYC)
I read somewhere that Round Round is about something personal and naughty that I can't write here but I am not sure how true that is. Keisha mentioned once they all wrote their own verses and that it doesn't make sense in the end. Sorry if there's a different forum about lyrics but I couldn't find it on here.

Last edited:
I have a unrelated question to what's going on now. I was listening to Hole In The Head, In The Middle, and Red Dress and I thought to myself how I don't even know what they're about. Crazy Xenomania lyrics but they make sense once you hear it a few times. Is Hole In The Head an expression? Also, Kicks is a common word I noticed with Sugababes and Girls Aloud lyrics is that a UK saying? (I'm from NYC)
I read somewhere that Round Round is about something personal and naughty that I can't write here but I am not sure how true that is. Keisha mentioned once they all wrote their own verses and that it doesn't make sense in the end. Sorry if there's a different forum about lyrics but I couldn't find it on here.

Keisha said this about Hole in the Head in 2005:

"I've never said this before, but Hole In The Head was about being in a relationship with J-Rock from the band Big Brovaz, and then finding out he was cheating on me. That song was written when I was an angry 18-year-old."

Basically the lyric "bet you miss me like a hole in the head" is them saying to a man that he's going to miss them so much (what else would you miss more than a hole in your head dd), it's clever.

With Round Round they talk about not needing a man and getting their "kicks for free", kicks meaning fun. Basically they don't need a man to satisfy any of their needs (I can please myself/I can buy myself dinner energy). That's how I've always interpreted it anyway.

Xenomania lyrics remain some of my favourite ever.

he/him
Keisha said this about Hole in the Head in 2005:
Basically the lyric "bet you miss me like a hole in the head" is them saying to a man that he's going to miss them so much (what else would you miss more than a hole in your head dd), it's clever.
The term 'like a hole in the head' usually means when someone doesn't need something. (He needs another pair of shoes like a hole in the head.)

So the song chorus "Oo, boy, do you miss me like a hole in the head? Because I do boy, and it's cool boy" is basically them saying "Oh, you don't need me? That's cool, I don't need you either."

The term 'like a hole in the head' usually means when someone doesn't need something. (He needs another pair of shoes like a hole in the head.)

So the song chorus "Oo, boy, do you miss me like a hole in the head? Because I do boy, and it's cool boy" is basically them saying "Oh, you don't need me? That's cool, I don't need you either."

Okay that makes more sense! Thanks for that I honestly had no idea nn

Exactly.

Also, both idioms are definitely used in America, especially “get your kicks”.

For example, it was the title and refrain to this American classic:

Both are more “old timey” at this point but they were certainly used often decades ago.

Last edited: