Sugababes

londonrain

Staff member
I don't think I do, but thanks for taking the time to think of me.
With respect to that second post: yes, you do. Please do not refer to people as "craycray". Kerry lives with bipolar disorder and ADHD in addition to her dyslexia and I doubt very much that a reductive and insulting label like "craycray" is at all helpful to the conversation.

The second post @Holly Something quoted has already been deleted by a fellow moderator, but please think about what you post in future and avoid using terms like this.

SO.

Flew to Melbourne (from Perth, essentially a whole other country to the rest of Australia) on Friday just gone to see the girls live and good lord. They were absolutely amazing! I'm still shook from it, one of the best concert experiences I've ever had! Was worth the 3.5 hour flight and various other expenses for sure.

Also met a fan wearing a Girls Aloud Ten Tour T-Shirt in the mosh on the floor (Hi Tony lmao), and having a quick chat to him about the titans that are the Sugababes & Girls Aloud before they came out was the cherry on top of one of the best nights ever.

If any of you have the chance to see them live, GO. It is *so* worth it! I cannot put it into words just how great they were.

And, in closing - Round Round live is literally a holy experience. ICanHearGod.gif

SO.

Flew to Melbourne (from Perth, essentially a whole other country to the rest of Australia) on Friday just gone to see the girls live and good lord. They were absolutely amazing! I'm still shook from it, one of the best concert experiences I've ever had! Was worth the 3.5 hour flight and various other expenses for sure.

Also met a fan wearing a Girls Aloud Ten Tour T-Shirt in the mosh on the floor (Hi Tony lmao), and having a quick chat to him about the titans that are the Sugababes & Girls Aloud before they came out was the cherry on top of one of the best nights ever.

If any of you have the chance to see them live, GO. It is *so* worth it! I cannot put it into words just how great they were.

And, in closing - Round Round live is literally a holy experience. ICanHearGod.gif
It's iconic that the PopJustice forum closed for the night to focus to watch Sugababes on Thursday night. Emerged dishevelled the next morning, then promptly closed again to see Sugababes again in Melbourne.

If the forum was accessible at the time, @sometimesxtc, @berserkboi and I would have been able send out a message to meet some of our fellow PJers.
We were standing (and getting our lives) the whole time in one of the seated areas.
It would have been wonderful to meet more of you.
When we walked out at the end the forum was finally waking up as a new woman, @berserkboi and I tryed to possibly meet @elektroxx via PM then in person but they were already on the way home.

Another thought on the whole night, it was amazing to experience how their vocals have changed. Mutya and surprisingly Siobhan's vocals have really matured especially into the deeper registers.
But Keisha kept stealing the show and is such a powerhouse.
I've also just caught up on this thread and now I wish that they'd perform 'Conversations Over' and 'Spiral'.

It's iconic that the PopJustice forum closed for the night to focus to watch Sugababes on Thursday night. Emerged dishevelled the next morning, then promptly closed again to see Sugababes again in Melbourne.

If the forum was accessible at the time, @sometimesxtc, @berserkboi and I would have been able send out a message to meet some of our fellow PJers.
We were standing (and getting our lives) the whole time in one of the seated areas.
It would have been wonderful to meet more of you.
When we walked out at the end the forum was finally waking up as a new woman, @berserkboi and I tryed to possibly meet @elektroxx via PM then in person but they were already on the way home.

Another thought on the whole night, it was amazing to experience how their vocals have changed. Mutya and surprisingly Siobhan's vocals have really matured especially into the deeper registers.
But Keisha kept stealing the show and is such a powerhouse.
I've also just caught up on this thread and now I wish that they'd perform 'Conversations Over' and 'Spiral'.

I was deep in the floor standing shrieking to every song haha! It would have been a crazy meta experience meeting some of the fellow forum cigs where we discuss the very girlies who we stan hardcore, but alas! Still a great night nonetheless.

They all did amazing but you are totally right; Keisha really did dominate with her vocals. The Too Lost In You middle eight-chorus note from her was so strong.

I was so pumped from it I ended up going out in Fitzroy until 4am hahaha when in Rome Melbourne.

That was super insightful, although I wish people would listen what they have already said about Amelle and Heidi instead of asking all the time. Also the question about if she wants to have kids was far too personal.

In anycase, it sounds like the Lost Tapes vinyl is a done deal and we got a lot of context on their time with Polydor and the MKS era.

It warms me that they would have added too in love if they could have, but couldn’t as the song was sold.

Polydor shelving them within 7 weeks makes so much sense now. What a bunch of fucktards, and it was clear they were wanting a band to over sexualise and give songs too. Karma is they are all crying now seeing the comeback they’ve had.

Thankgod it wasn’t called The Lost Files….haha!

She replied to a comment about Miranda Cosgrove’s About You Now cover saying that she’s never heard of her, which really surprised me. I was thinking that if somebody had covered one of my songs (and it had been quite successful), I’d at the very least be interested in listening to it. But I suppose it makes sense, since none of the girls have a writing credit on the track, there must not be a strong sense of attachment to it, in the sense that Keisha might not be overly interested in hearing different interpretations of it in the same way that she might with her own writing work.

I‘m shocked that nobody ever mentioned the cover to her though, she must just not have recognised the name?