Sugababes

Heidi has now put former sugababe on her bio. She’s obviously feeling some kind of way

I understand Heidi's feelings. I do. She was integral to the group's success for many years and it's understandable (rightly or wrongly) that she might feel a mention is justified when the current line up receive what is essentially a lifetime achievement award.

However, it makes me very sad that this has become the main takeaway (at least in the media) from such a momentous occasion for the girls. It's been over a decade, how long are people going to keep bringing up past members as if that's a more important discussion than the group's current activity?

Also, Heidi's family should have known better. I hope she had a word.

It's especially frustrating since MKS struggled so much to be where they are now. They weren't gifted this comeback. They spent almost a decade in court, just so they could release music and use the name. They stuck together and overcame the many obstacles that were laid in their way. Now that their perseverance and hard work is finally paying of, people choose to be jealous. It's quite telling tbh...

I understand Heidi's feelings. I do. She was integral to the group's success for many years and it's understandable (rightly or wrongly) that she might feel a mention is justified when the current line up receive what is essentially a lifetime achievement award.

However, it makes me very sad that this has become the main takeaway (at least in the media) from such a momentous occasion for the girls. It's been over a decade, how long are people going to keep bringing up past members as if that's a more important discussion than the group's current activity?

Also, Heidi's family should have known better. I hope she had a word.

Imagine breaking up with someone (actually worse than a break up because it affected earnings and career prospects) and then expecting any kind of public adulation from that person?

We also forget that Heidi is still signed with Crown (although they’re rebranded), who actively (and successfully) sabotaged Keisha’s, Mutya’s and her originators career until 2019.

Keisha has more grace than I ever would.

I can imagine that the girls (and/or management) didn't get to see the VT beforehand, and guess/hope whoever did oversee the Mobo VT edit only purposefully hid Heidi and Amelle to be respectful of the current line-up. But to say you forgot to thank Heidi and Amelle, feels like an easy cop out... considering the type of award it is.

Imagine breaking up with someone (actually worse than a break up because it affected earnings and career prospects) and then expecting any kind of public adulation from that person?

We also forget that Heidi is still signed with Crown (although they’re rebranded), who actively (and successfully) sabotaged Keisha’s, Mutya’s and her originators career until 2019.

Keisha has more grace than I ever would.
What happened to believing the victim, Heidi and Amelle said they were bullied. Trying to paint Heidi as some sort of villain in this seems very tasteless, there is a damn lot more vitriol on here against Heidi and Amelle by fans than there is for Keisha.

Imagine if 4.0 were still around and accepting life time achievement awards and not thanking the others you would all be kicking off.

I love 1.0 and think they an amazing talent and they’ve worked damned hard to get where they are. But, as long as they perform songs outside of 1.0 they will be open for questions of past line ups, especially if they’re accepting life time achievement awards.

I don't think that Heidi necessarly wants to be back in the band. I assume she just wants to be recognised for her presence, her part in creating the songs and her huge role in the legacy of the band, in this particular instance of them accepting this specific award. Which is fair.

I don't think she or the majority of the fans would've felt some type of way if the award was for When The Rain Comes, The Lost Tapes or an award for Best Live Act of 2023 etc.

The line-up changes where barely a topic of conversation the past year.

I feel I'm back in the early 2000s. First of all, shame on The Sun for writing such drivel and then having the nerve for blaming it on the "fans".

Secondly, why do we presume to know anything? All we've ever gotten are biased accounts, media speculation and fan speculation.

We were not there witnessing it in person. We do not personally know or work with them, so who knows what happened at any given time. I presume their fanbase is at least in their mid-thirties by now if not older, so use your critical thinking skills.

The band is, what the band is, in 2024. They were given an award, they picked it up, performed and went home. Let it be.

Next.

What happened to believing the victim, Heidi and Amelle said they were bullied. Trying to paint Heidi as some sort of villain in this seems very tasteless, there is a damn lot more vitriol on here against Heidi and Amelle by fans than there is for Keisha.

Imagine if 4.0 were still around and accepting life time achievement awards and not thanking the others you would all be kicking off.
Why would Heidi and Amelle want acknowledgment from a horrible bully? Also, shame on you for reproducting that stereotype.