Sugababes

I think the point is, stop telling people they cant speak about Heidi. This is a general Sugababes threads and Heidi, Amelle and Jade can always be spoken about, in any way shape or form. Just because you're a Stan of the original line up, doesnt give anyone the right to tell others not to speak about members of the past, especially members who contributed more to the band than others.

There needs to be some balance, this award should be truly celebrating Keisha & to a lesser extent Mutya. It’s okay for Heidi to post the picture & reminisce about being in the band she’s known for being in.
Regarding the whole split/leaving, obliviously it’s somewhere in the middle and neither are lying, nor telling the truth, but if any of the six feel like posting or answering questions about the group that’s there prerogative, that’s how there known.

I think the point is, stop telling people they cant speak about Heidi. This is a general Sugababes threads and Heidi, Amelle and Jade can always be spoken about, in any way shape or form. Just because you're a Stan of the original line up, doesnt give anyone the right to tell others not to speak about members of the past, especially members who contributed more to the band than others.
All discussions are good, but you, like the others, come across like a mean girl and were not here for that.

Isn’t there a Heidi thread on here that you can go and post your feelings on?

he/him
Because Heidi is the Sugababes, more so than Siobhan. Also, Siobhan willingly left the Sugababes due to bullying. Mutya left the Sugababes as she didnt enjoy it. Heidi never left the band. It fizzed out for her. It's never going to change the fact the ultimately Sugababes is 4 bands in 1. The fanbase is a mess because of this.
The fanbase is a mess because of people like you.

To be fair I think the fan base is a mess in general.

Anyway let’s stream one of the Sugababes most underrated songs Unbreakable Heart.

All discussions are good, but you, like the others, come across like a mean girl and were not here for that.

Isn’t there a Heidi thread on here that you can go and post your feelings on?
if coming across as a mean girl is expressing my opinion that I felt like the band should have had thanked a particular or all past members to contributing to the award then so be it. If thats what I am and I will stand by that. Dont expect this to ever change, there is 4 versions of this band and people will share how they feel.

Neither was Heidi. I think some grace of her being acknowledged, like Jade from LM acknowledged all the girl bands when winning their brit, shows class and good character.
This comparison has come up a few times but it’s comparing apples with oranges.

Little Mix said their award was for all the other girl bands that came before them because they were highlighting that the BRIT award they won has been handed out 43 times before them and not one was to another female group. They were highlighting the sexism of the award when amazing acts like Spice Girls and Sugababes were overlooked in favour of (probably) white straight men.

They also thanked Jesy too, which again is different because Jesy had only left the group a few months prior and had contributed to nearly all the music they had released to that date. Jesy had chosen to leave the group and hadn’t ousted anyone from their own band.

Sugababes not thanking Heidi who was last in the group 13 years ago is completely different. Maybe if it was the Music of Blonde Origin Awards then it would have been different.

I do hope one day some people grasp it's possible to be fans of the current line-up without constantly having to vilify the other three members, but it really doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. I'm pretty sure plenty of the things people have said about Heidi, Amelle and Jade here (and even about the current line-up, albeit definitely not as frequently) just wouldn't fly if they were targeted at pretty much any other female popstar in any other thread, yet here we are. To me at least it really makes the Sugababes threads easily among the most toxic and unpleasant across the whole forum.

Last edited by a moderator: