Sugababes

Back in the day the media used to get a lot of attention with the lineup dramas, so it was inevitable that sooner of later we would get stories like this.

My main gripe with the rumour is that the situation would push Heidi further with the imitation/replacement/cheaper version of the group rather than just be seen as an important former member. Like, I'm sure she could get decent bookings as a solo act if she has the drive to get out there, but forming an alternate band for small events while the proper group are playing Glastonbury doesn't look good at all.

But Heidi isn’t performing? It’s Amelle.

And to be honest, it’s probably more of the organizers’ decision to shove “Sugababes” onto her name because it’ll refresh people’s memory that she was in the Sugababes once especially as she’s listed as just “Amelle”.

She will definitely be doing some Sugababes songs though.

But Heidi isn’t performing? It’s Amelle.

And to be honest, it’s probably more of the organizers’ decision to shove “Sugababes” onto her name because it’ll refresh people’s memory that she was in the Sugababes once especially as she’s listed as just “Amelle”.

She will definitely be doing some Sugababes songs though.
The rumour in the Daily Mail is that Heidi and Amelle are planing to perform together as another version of the group. It's completely baseless though.

I am glad to see Amelle out gigging again. I really loved her voice and she was my favourite of the non-original Sugababes lineup. I’ve seen her pop up on a few TV shows over the last couple of years and she seems like a nice girl.

No shade here but can Heidi still actually sing well? During the Sweet 7 era her vocals were pretty bland and she was unable to hold notes and complete her verses. I just don’t see her being able to hit her adlibs but it would be interesting to see a Heidi and Amelle duo.

Heidi cannot sing well live and I don't think she really ever has. Her clear, stable live vocals are few and far between. She's either too wobbly or too shouty/forceful. I think of the adlib she used to do at the beginning of Girls performed live; awful. Her studio vocals are serviceable though... I've always had this opinion of Heidi, even during 2.0 era.

Amelle sounds fine live when she's singing within her range and has a really nice tone. I watched her solo version of About You Now a couple of years ago and it wasn't pleasant. I'd imagine she would sing Never Leave You, About You Now, Get Sexy, Summertime and maybe Push The Button.

Them as a duo though? No.

he/him
Amelle and Heidi can definitely, 100% do Prides, Hoopla etc. There’s also nothing stopping them labelling themselves as (Sugababes), they both released music under the name as members. It would be genuinely funny for them to kick this off in the year that MKS are allegedly finally releasing an album that’ll chart at #5 and be in the top 100 for 3 weeks. If this whole thing is true, I guess Heidi truly is annoyed about the MOBO thing and has decided to pay them back.
Why are you even here? Just to stir the pot?

Oh wait, of course you are...

I’m sorry but the fact this thread has gotten so wild that one of the 7 remaining Sugababes stans (in the year 2024! After one of the flop members has been spreading QAnon propaganda!! And they don’t even have their most relevant member present anymore!!!) feels the courage to try and spread a bad word against Taylor…it kinda defies belief. There’s a lot of soul searching you need to do before you even try and come for Taylor.

Re. the rumour, while I hope it’s not true, I think there is a way it could happen.

Both Crown and Sacred Three LLP own the trademark concurrently. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but if Crown (and I wouldn’t put it past them) approach Heidi and Amelle about touring, then Crown can permit them to use the name.

While it doesn’t seem right, I think legally it’s okay. If this happens (and I really hope it doesn’t):
  1. I hope Jade declines the offer (two babes on stage is a pretty weak showcase). However, Crown can be very persuasive.
  2. I hope the public can see it for what it is. A money grab based on the achievements and hard graft of Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan these past few years.

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
I forgot about this! I first learned about it from a fan site.
I find it so random that between all the material of theirs I have there was something I didn't even know existed.
But then I guess back in 2002 I wasn't yet keeping up with pop like I am these days, and it just being a slightly different edit instead of a unique song probably meant I never heard it discussed here either.