Sugababes

I might be overthinking it, but it's fascinating that the girls said they would love to work with Pharrell, Calvin Harris, and Burna Boy, and everyone they asked to work with has said yes. I wonder...

Fun little article I found from 2009 regarding Calvin's views on Keisha and Sugababes:

I had a very fun and insightful impromptu interview with Calvin Harris last night, but whilst I'm away transcribing it, I thought I would at least give you this little nugget as to what Calvin thinks about the whole Sugababes controversy…he's definitely Team Keisha.

EQ: I have to ask you since you're a prominent figure in pop music, what is your take on the whole Sugababes controversy?…
Calvin Harris: I think, ultimately it's not about whether the band continues or the music continues. I think it's a moral thing. If in fact what's been said is true, if Keisha was pushed out behind her back…it's HER band! It's wrong. It's morally wrong. It's upsetting. It's ridiculous. There's not even a distinguishable brand as far as Sugababes goes anymore. That's changed over the past few years. They've become more American-ized. The best work that Sugababes did was when they were working with British producers. Things like "Overload" and "Stronger". Their first album was was amazing! "Get Sexy" is abysmal. It's one of the worst songs I've ever heard. If it was by anyone else, it would be as equally bad. It's just a bad song…if that is going to be their subsequent output, and I believe that's what it is, then they're f#*^ed anyway. I think Keisha's probably best out of it…

Massive respect that he loved the first Sugababes album with the original babes. There could be hope that working with him may happen someday.

Last edited:
The man on the right is likely the (co-)producer, if someone can ID him.

Man on the right is AC Burrell. A long time collaborator of Diane Warren it seems. Although the session for Calling Out For You might've been on February 26 based on the working title. He must have been involved in 'Kiss Me Tonight'.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say (if I am in the right thread) that About a Girl is still a jam.

Also No more you and Little Miss Perfect are still amazing ballads.

"Get Sexy" is abysmal. It's one of the worst songs I've ever heard. If it was by anyone else, it would be as equally bad. It's just a bad song…

I actually felt this same way in 2009. I couldn't believe the Sugababes came out with that.

However, as time went on .. I kinda liked it more and more.

I still like today. No, it isn't the best song ever. But it is a fun party song.

Love Get Sexy & About A Girl! Two of my favourite tracks of all time by them! I remember first hearing it in 2009 and being blow away, finally a sexy party track from them! I hope Heidi, Amelle and Jade reform so I hear them perform these again!

Love Get Sexy & About A Girl! Two of my favourite tracks of all time by them! I remember first hearing it in 2009 and being blow away, finally a sexy party track from them! I hope Heidi, Amelle and Jade reform so I hear them perform these again!

You should go and watched Amelle opening for Liberty X and Kitty Scott Claus at Chesterfield Pride this year!

Hopefully she does these ones <3

I might be overthinking it, but it's fascinating that the girls said they would love to work with Pharrell, Calvin Harris, and Burna Boy, and everyone they asked to work with has said yes.

A lot of collabs happen but when it's time to release the results sometimes $$ gets in the way, esp with big names. Remember when Alexandra Burke had a sophomore lined up with all big hitters and then the label looked at the tab and said 'mmm lets ship you off to Romania instead'.

She/Her
I stumbled across this piece again today - did this ever go to court, do we know?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...-end-musical-vocal-cords-damaged-b985914.html
This is honestly news to me!

The former popstar says her complaints to show bosses were ignored, she had to spend complete days in silence to preserve her “hoarse” vocals

keisha-buchanan-sugababes.gif