Sugababes | Page 984 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

1. That combination of Keisha and Siobhan's voices in the middle-eight is something else.

Totto, Robert, Lapras and 5 others like this.
  2. No regrets and Drum are still the standouts to me. Drum would sound so good finished in HQ and No Regrets reminds me of Caught in a Moment especially Mutya's glorious vocal.

RRS, acl, JMRGBY88 and 3 others like this.
  3. The default Popjustice forum approach to unreleased songs;

1. NEED THIS
    2. OMG WONT SOMEBODY LEAK THIS - DYING!
    3. WE'RE NEVER GONNA GET THAT LEGENDARY TRACK!!
    4. OMG IT LEAKED! I HAVE IT! FINALLY!
    5. UNDERWHELMED
    6. I UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS UNRELEASED
    7. NO WONDER THEY GOT DROPPED IF THAT'S ALL THEY HAD
    8. I BET THAT OTHER UNRELEASED SONG WAS "THE ONE!!!"
    9. NEED THIS OTHER SONG
    10. OMG WONT SOMEBODY LEAK THIS - DYING!

...rinse and repeat to fade.

4. Not me, I'm in love with it and appreciate anything that leaks. Even if they put these 13 unmastered songs on an album and released it tomorrow I'd still buy 2 copies.

Heaven on Earth, Jaamzz, acl and 11 others like this.
  5. Haha you're me. I've never complained about any MKS leak as far as I remember. However what @anfunny2003 said is super funny, because it actually happens like that here sometimes.

acl, Blayke and anfunny2003 like this.
  6. This post is a PopJustice! So right.

anfunny2003, GCZ and Totto like this.
  7. Oh I know, I've seen it plenty!

Totto likes this.
  8. I think it all started with Mutya. Siobhan only left after one album, and long before any of their real success.

Things would've played out much better if they just took a year's break in 2006. I'm sure that would've happened if they were older.

9. The most infuriating thing about all this is that the collection of leaked tracks, even in unfinished/unmastered form, some of which likely would not have even made it onto the final album, still comprise one of the very best 'Sugababes' albums. Such a waste.

Heaven on Earth, Jaamzz, GCZ and 6 others like this.
  10. It's definitely interesting to imagine the same situation playing out in the current landscape. I don't think Syco would consider to add a new Little Mix girl if one of them had left the band during the current campaign.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Nah, I think what happened with Siobhan emboldened them to not think twice about replacing Mutya, they had Amelle lined up before she'd even left.

No, they wouldn't. But then, same as Girls Aloud, they were created through a TV show, there's a sense of loyalty and a strong brand identity from day one.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  12. ^Also 5 piece band becoming a 4 piece band or a 4 piece becoming a trio doesnt sound all that bad. A trio losing a member in the middle of an album campaign, few months before a promo tour might look problematic

andru likes this.
  13. It took a few plays but I’m loving Love Me Hard. It’s a great addition to the material already out there. In the current landscape and no happy ending in sight I’m glad to have a full albums worth of material to listen to and enjoy. I just hope 2018 is when things finally come together for the ladies and I no longer care under what name they release.

14. Love Me Hard made me realise how well Siobhan and Mutya voices work together and how well keisha and Mutyas voice work together and how Siobhan and Keishas voices work together and then I realised oh wait this is why they are a trio. And lord that chorus of them all is like a choir of angels.

acl, Mr.Arroz, SacredThistle and 8 others like this.
  15. My favourite songs that have leaked from the MKS sessions are:

Boys
    Love In Stereo
    Summer Of ‘99
    Back In The Day
    Drum
    Today

If they are never released officially (I would still pay for a HQ download of the leaks), then I hope HQ versions leak.

londonrain and andru like this.
  16. For me 10/10
    Im Alright
    Summer Of 99
    Boys
    Love In Stereo
    Too In Love
    No Regrets

9/10
    Today
    Back In The Day

8/10
    Drum

Cant rate Love Me Hard just yet because its still very fresh

0/10
    Burnt Out

andru likes this.
  17. Can someone help me with LMH? Can't find it :-(

18. Easy for you to say when you have them all.

Evan749 and stopthestatic like this.
  19. So I think we basically have the album apart from Vicory and Beat is Gone which I am dying to hear as Siobhan said that Keisha worked out an amazing vocal.

20. Rod

Rod

What? Can someone send me the latest leaks please?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.