Supergirl | The Popjustice Forum

Supergirl

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by BTG, May 14, 2015.

1. BTG

BTG

CBS have released two trailers (which basically spoil the entire pilot) for their upcoming Supergirl series. Worth for Calista Flockheart channelling her inner Miranda Priestly/PG-13 Samantha Jones as Kara's boss.

[video=youtube;Lm46-envrHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo[/video]

Here's the second, shorter one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CThmpQJ6NMY

2. It looks bloody awful. Must have been written by a man? I can't imagine a woman writing this show would come up with something so borderline insulting.

3. Looks dreadful, and in all her scenes, all I could focus on was Calista's lips!

4. It's literally the DC version of the Black Widow parody trailer.

aaronhansome likes this.
  5. I thought it looked quite good.

6. It is basically the SNL Black Widow trailer BUT here for something fun! Less grit and grime! This could be a laugh. The main girl seems endearing.

7. Every scene that isn't someone telling her what to do because they don't like her is someone telling her what to do because they like her.

8. This looks pretty awful, but I'm not even going to pretend this isn't must see TV for me.

It's basically what if Ugly Betty was a superhero right?

9. I think it actually looks like a bit of camp fun - not every superhero thing needs to be gritty and realistic. I'll definitely be checking it out.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

The second trailer is brilliant and everything I would want from a Supergirl TV series. I'd link to it but I'm at work and it's blocked here.

11. Even if this turns out to be terrible, as a Glee fan I feel proud of Melissa Benoist. She was ridiculously ignored by the Glee writers and turned into a bland and boring character after a big introduction. She's doing so well recently. First Whiplash and now this.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Same here. She started out so well and had some good plotlines and character development, and then suddenly turned into a nothing of a character before being written out off-screen.

13. She was the only cast member of Glee who was an actual Glee club member and still alive who didn't appear in the final episode. Maybe she was busy with Supergirl.

14. Maybe, It was very strange how her character dissolved and ignored on GLEE. I think she's a good actress and SuperGirl seems like a good fit for her. Too bad about the fappening.

15. I think the show looks quite fun! (Although, yeah, the music in the trailer does it no favours!)

I'm never sure if I'm keen on female superheroes who have male counterparts, but I'll be checking this show out.

16. Meh, at least none of those leaks did any damage to the girls careers.

17. I think it looks fun. Supergirl is a character that needs a level of campness, and this looks like it has a lot. The joke behind the Black Widow SNL spoof was because Black Widow, is miles away from this type of setting? Supergirl really isn't. I'm looking forward to it, although I do still wish it was Dianna Agron instead!

18. Wasn't the Irish kid also missing?

Apparently the pilot episode has already leaked, and in HD too.

19. Dianna Agron has an insufferable speaking voice so I'm entirely thankful she isn't Supergirl. This other girl (from Glee? I have no idea) seems very likeable and suits the role from what we can see so far.

20. This looks like complete shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.