Survivor: S45 & 46

Maybe it's regency bias but feel like I haven't been this excited about a Survivor finale in ages. Although last sesason definitely had me hyped too.

I was rewatching the 2nd episode with my friend because she's just getting into this season and something interesting I never fully realized is that Julie was the one to spearhead the formation of the Reba 4 by recruiting Dee first, then Drew, and then Austin. While it may have inevitably formed anyway, gotta give her some credit for that. If Dee doesn't win, Julie's my second pick.

Last edited:
Whew I am happy to be proven wrong with the Drew boot, thank god. Austin playing that amulet on himself was so ???

Dee is absolutely winning if she makes it to FTC and right now but I would scream if my fave Katurah were to squeak out a win. She'd have to be against Jake and Austin at FTC but weirder things have happened!

It was the last TC where it was in play so I guess it makes sense.

Yeah that checks out. I've generally operated under the logic that it's better to hold onto an immunity tool and then talk about how it wasn't needed at FTC vs. playing one incorrectly but Austin hasn't been the most socially aware contestant nn.

Yeah that checks out. I've generally operated under the logic that it's better to hold onto an immunity tool and then talk about how it wasn't needed at FTC vs. playing one incorrectly but Austin hasn't been the most socially aware contestant nn.
That and that last tribal was volatile enough that Austin could've easily ended up with some strays.

Meh. I can’t really argue against a Dee win but the last couple of episodes have felt pretty anticlimactic.

It would’ve been more interesting if Jake and Katurah didn’t flop so hard but I’m beyond happy with Dee winning, y’all know I’ve been rooting for her from the jump. Absolute queen! She’s the best player/winner of the new era imo and easily my *personal* favorite winner since Michele in Kaoh Rong. Though Dee played a much stronger game than Michele.

I thought it was exciting with how close the vote between Dee and Austin was, since other recent seasons have been 7-1-0. Perfect ending to an overall great season.

Last edited:
he/him
Dee is the best new era winner.. Absolute queen the way she dominated and made everyone listen to her no matter what.. Newest member of Spradlin family..
Meh. I can’t really argue against a Dee win but the last couple of episodes have felt pretty anticlimactic.
Last 2 episodes had epic Emily blindside & Drew takedown? Both were pretty great?

Excellent episode, I love when a finalist stomps FTC and that's exactly what Dee did.

The flopping of Jake was...a little sad by the end. I'm glad the jury encouraged him to stand behind his game a bit because he clearly had lost any faith in himself.

This was probably my favorite season of the new era? At least the strongest cast overall.

Not the biggest Dee fan but well-deserved. Surprised the votes was close. Nice to know Austin and her are still together today.

Easily the best winner of the new era; so fun seeing a woman completely dominate from start to finish. The vote absolutely should not have been that close though; I suspected Bruce & Drew but Kendra throwing her vote to Austin surprised me.

I'm glad Jake got to have his little fire making moment, I was starting to feel terribly for the guy. I'm sad Katurah wasn't able to secure a F3 spot but if it was Katurah/ Dee/ Austin in F3 I'd have no clue how the votes would go. Just glad Dee won!

Is this a good time to say Kendra was the only potential detriment to my enjoyment of this season? Overacting SNL energy with that one.

Not me bursting into tears when Dee got that winning vote. I'm down bad!

I thought it was a wrap when Jake turned on the bear face and waterworks but i needn't have worried. The way Dee mob bossed the million dollars right at the perfect moment and revealed Austin to be an idol losing SIMP. Even Jeff knew it was time to vote. No more stumbling to the prize let's give a real winner her flowers! She even had time to sneak Bruce about his idol. Scream!

But yeah wow what a season. I think i've enjoyed the nEw ErA more than most but this was easily the best of the bunch

779b0512a96184849c046d0112f5457b5c2a0be3.gifv

Dee and Austin revealed there was a big blowup between Dee/Reba and Sifu that never aired. That’s so annoying. We WANT the drama!

Austin explains it more in depth so will share his excerpt:

On original Reba, we had so many incredible fun moments. Dee might've even told this story, too, but there was this one time — it was the day before the tribe swap and we all were kind of feeling like a tribe swap was about to happen. So we went into overdrive trying to find the idols. At that point, Dee knew we were looking. Julie knew we were looking, obviously Drew knew, and I knew.

And then Sifu was noticing that we were looking for idols. And he comes up to us and he's like, “Hey, what are you guys doing looking for my idol?” And we're like, “Dude, you've been looking this entire time.” And then he's like, “No, I haven't. What are you talking about?” And Dee's like, “You have spy shacks! You've been spying on us!”

We have this huge blow-up the day before the tribe swap and people are yelling at each other. Dee's chasing Sifu with a stick, swinging at him. And it's crazy. And then at the end, it's like, “Okay, listen, at the end of the day, we’ve got to stay Reba Strong. We're about to potentially swap. We’ve got to be ready for this merge. We might not see each other soon after this. We have to stay tight.” So I went to talk with Dee. I went to talk with Sifu, got him to calm down [and] apologize.

And then we had the most lame [team cheer]. I was like, “All right, everyone, hands in the middle!” We're like, “3, 2, 1. Reba!” We would do that after challenges, but this time it was so sad and pathetic. It was a hilarious moment. So we thought for sure that was going to be aired because the entire rest of the game we were so “Kumbaya, Reba strong, we love each other!” And it just built all this tension to this explosion that happened.

Source: https://ew.com/survivor-45-austin-li-coon-reacts-dee-tribal-council-sucker-punch-interview-8419012

Last edited: