Sweden-Norway Bop Queens Rate - Reveals! (Winner Revealed) | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Sweden-Norway Bop Queens Rate - Reveals! (Winner Revealed)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Ummm, ok. *wow*

Also, mine & @livefrommelbs commentary....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. PJ board game night pretty please!

I don't know if I see Sigrid as much of a Carly Rae - the bubblegum factor just isn't there!

3. A Sight Of You appreciation??? I'm in!

Untouchable Ace, Verandi and DJHazey like this.
  4. Yeah, overall the artist comparison is maybe not there... but the sonics & song structure of 'Don't Feel Like Crying' are straight-up 'Call Me Maybe'.... (but better.)

5. ?????

6. That would be me, not @livefrommelbs

And What The Fuck you all

7. I should've typed that smaller. ddd

But yeah, I like 'Don't Feel Like Crying' more than 'Call Me Maybe'... and I say that as a huge Carly fanatic. I know I'm a pretty small island with that opinion, but a couple of other Sigrid fans here, might join me there!

8. Sigrid's album was quite underwhelming coming from someone who's written and released a song like Plot Twist.

9. Little Plot Twisters unite!

daninternational and DJHazey like this.
  10. Margaret Berger remaining flawless, unspoiled, iconic and fabulous.

[​IMG]

11. And yet not enough united for nominations!

Oops that when my work computer's network crapped out and I had to go back in and finish the post, I'll edit now. Sorry!

12. Shhh don't call it. I've seen bad taste at the corners of this thread ddd

#Samanthafornumber2

13. I sometimes feel like you are one of those corners (kii) (so am I sometimes) so if you are on board she honestly will snatch left and right! Queen of uniting the fragmented!

14. Well, this rate is a fucking disaster already. Karlekens Tunga and Adelen discarded and all those generic September songs still in the running.. you are lucky that my laptop is dead and I can't be arsed to fully express my disappointment on an S8.

15. [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]
    Stay away from Margaret.

17. That Margaret.gif terrified me I yelped a little in the office

18. :(:(:(
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    :(:(:(

64. September - Pretty World - 7.424

63. September - We Can Do It - 7.426

[​IMG]

(Pretty World)

September - #21

Sweden - #35

Spotify Plays - #86

Highest: 10 x 3 (@DJHazey, @iheartpoptarts, @Remorque)

Lowest: 3.5 (@daninternational)

I figured I'd just do a quick double-shot elimination since there isn't very much info about some of these songs. This one, Pretty World, is one of my favorite 'emo' bops from her, along with "R.I.P." with a fantasy world backdrop for production it makes it easy to be transported away from whatever stress you may be dealing with. I know when I discovered this song and Petra altogether, I instantly gravitated towards this one because the words spoke to me. The way her voice demands your attention, but in a subtle way, that's the dynamic that works for me on another level here. At the same time, she almost sounds defeated...like trying to disguise the pain. Almost like trying to put a front so the 'enemy' won't know what they've 'accomplished'.

This was a complete shocker to me:

@iheartpoptarts (10) - According to my plug.dj notes this was my first discovery of the rate. Sounds about right!

Never in a million years would I put you on a 10 for this. I figured "We Can Do It" would have better chance in fact.

The emotion flowed through some voters, as it should've:

@pop3blow2 (9) - Really great pop vocal. Kinda moody.

@Eric (9) - Lovely Sad Banger

@Untouchable Ace (8.3) - Pretty

Yet maybe it's not all so sad after-all:

@Music Is Life (9.5) - Another fun bop with great production. Her vocals, especially in the middle-8 are fantastic.

It's not just Annie getting the GA comparisons around here:

@saviodxl (7.9) - Girls Aloud's The Loving Kind found shook

Not up to her standards apparently:

@WowWowWowWow (6) - Never noticed the Mamma Mia poster in the background. Still would prefer listening to this than to many other artists, but knowing what else she is capable of, this still seems pretty simplistic.

Of all things, coming for her vocals. Okay werk I guess:

@livefrommelbs (5) - This one really didn't click with me! The vocals in the chorus felt off.

Or letting her singing be great and instead undermining the writing, eek:

@daninternational (3.5) - Like the deep vocals, but the lyrics aren't great, and it gets a bit I Love Europe at times.

[​IMG]

(We Can Do It)

September - #20

Sweden - #34

Spotify Plays - #67

Highest: 10 x 2 (@DJHazey, @MilesAngel)

Lowest: 4 x 2 (@Empty Shoebox, @Verandi)

Charts: #10 (Sweden)

This was the second single from September's debut album. The song contains clear elements from the S.O.S. Band's 1980 disco hit "Take Your Time (Do It Right)" as it's right there in the chorus. I didn't know this, but it makes a ton of sense considering, because I've always thought of it as a disco-lite bop. Love the sultry nature of it, with the idea of someone lighting the spark in you and you're ready to leave all inhibitions behind with that person.

Someone else noticed its disco dna:

@Music Is Life (9) - I like the disco-pop feel of the production and her vocals are great. This just doesn’t go awf as much as it should I think.

Staying right with the genre they're used to

@Eric (9) - Sweet and eurodancy.

Haha and this rate now has the ability to foil song contests plans:

@iheartpoptarts (7) - I just had to delete one of my Retro potentials… for multiple reasons. (Apparently I don’t know what The S.O.S. Band is? Oops.)

All I did is post their song, is that okay:

@WowWowWowWow (6.5) - I'm not sure I ever realized that September was releasing music in 2003. Also please feel free to leave the S.O.S. Band alone.

Do a disco 'greatest hits' rate.

I mean yes there's a sample, but this is harsh criticism:

@daninternational (4.9) - Petra's early stuff (I feel so smart using her actual name like this) is clearly cheap. She's grown so much.

19. Even though I'm not a fan of We Can Do It, I am actually gutted that Perfect World is out? I love her vocal on the track and the production that's kinda reminiscent of Kylie by Akcent only compliments it.

20. Also, and I am most certainly not sorry for the double post, y'all throwing out the magnificence that is Don't Feel Like Crying before we reach the top 50 is straight up PopINJustice at its finest.

The song's a winner and it has never failed to give me the feels, because it takes me back to when I was at uni and heartbroken and would go out to forget my sorrows or actually stuff myself with takeout.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.