Synthwave & Retrowave - General Genre Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Synthwave & Retrowave - General Genre Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Mar 30, 2020.

1. The #synthfam is becoming quite a thing and obviously Queen of the Synthians - Nina - has her own thread (as do The Midnight). There are so many releases I decided to create one thread where I will post all the best new ones as I find them. That OK?

Starting today with the new video for All The Damn Vampires' 'Saturday'. Here's a few other recent gems.

2. I have such a hard time keeping track of new synthwave releases so this is an excellent idea.

I'm loving how Makeup and Vanity Set has become an in-demand scorer for podcasts - ever since Radio Rental started back in October it seems like they've more or less released OST albums on a bi-weekly basis.

3. There are so many releases in this genre and I try to listen to as many as I can. The L'Avenue EP being a favourite from last year.

POPGASM, Dreampopboy, 4Roses and 2 others like this.
  4. Oh this is delightful.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  5. Gotta love the dancing in this one.

Andy French likes this.
  6. I'm honestly surprised it’s taken so long to become more mainstream, but I’m so here for it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  7. I'm obsessed with everything involving synthwave and similar genres, such as vaporwave and city pop. I highly recommend this album (Floral Shoppe by Macintosh Plus):
    [​IMG]

8. I hope it counts as synthwave? My addiction to Vine compilations led me to discover this little dreamy gem:

Fans of Lady Gaga's Venus Vaporwave remix will recognise this one too:

moonchild1313 and Andy French like this.
  9. The Midnight did a remix competition and had over 500 submissions. On Friday night they did a livestream and picked out their favourites. L'Avenue was one of them.

Andy French likes this.
  10. Available to stream at last and available as a standalone track at Bandcamp now also.

11. Three newbies out today.

Conan and lushLuck like this.
  12. Love the first one especially.

13. I had Trevor Something’s debut on constant replay but i can’t seem to find it anywhere now. There’s a few tracks available of the original EP and this one is a BOP:

14. Thanks to Bandcamp I found out about a wonderful vapor-synth outfit called CD Ghost recently and to my great joy, two weeks later they've released a new EP!

Their debut:

Dreampopboy likes this.
  15. Oooh A synthwave playlist on PJ? Dreams do come true as per my sig I love it and everything to do with it, the lewrks, the imagery, the futuristic shimmery neon of it all, theres some stuff in this thread ive not heard of, so yes!

edit: A few of the songs im obsessed with

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  16. Album of the year obvs.

17. Just discover this thread. Really like the I Am Boleyn song "Limit of Love". Strongly recommend listening to Young Ejecta for any synth fans.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.