Synthwave & Retrowave - General Genre Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Synthwave & Retrowave - General Genre Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I love that Grum album, I liked his recent one too but it is more 90's house/trance.

theonlyway2be, lutz and lushLuck like this.
  2. Hi guys I’m trying to get a new Synthwave subreddit off the ground...

It’s basically attempting to create a safe place for people of all different backgrounds to come together and discuss Synthwave/adjacent media.

As some Synthwave fans will unfortunately know not all places to discuss it are the most pleasant for people from minority backgrounds... as well as there being a tendency to have vitriol towards related genres or ‘gatekeepy’ about deviations from established norms.

It’s called R/SynthwaveRRR I really would appreciate anyone who joins - much love!

Pink Frost likes this.
    Jones322 and lushLuck like this.
  4. Laura's album is up for pre-order today on Bandcamp. New single has Client and Kristin Kontrol vibes as well as synthwave.

Andy French and Pink Frost like this.
  5. I don’t think I’m feeling Glasgow Song!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  6. I love this! You sold me with the Client and Kristin Kontrol comparisons.

7. Yay!

Pink Frost likes this.
  8. I listened to the other two songs on her youtube channel and I really like them as well. Bookmarked her bandcamp page.

9. I'm obsessed.

Andy French and backstreetjoe like this.
  10. Thanks for this - I just blogged it. Found the album on Bandcamp too.

4Roses likes this.

11. I was perusing Donna Lewis' Bandcamp page and this was a suggested album - it's more synthwave adjacent than full-on synthwave but I'm digging the Goldfrapp vibes of Wicked Thing.

12. I'm obsessed, thanks.

sinner and backstreetjoe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.