SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album) | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Mar 3, 2016.

1. SZA’s verse is fire

2. Power Is Power did nothing for me, but we should be getting that DJ Khaled collab soon?
    At one point he said the album was out on the 17th, but that seems unlikely with not even a cover released?

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered he is booked for SNL next Saturday. I guess it will just be a digital-only first week.

nooniebao likes this.
  3. This really is the ultimate cash-grab. Mixed feelings.

4. SZA's part is actually quite nice but I don't have time to listen to The Weeknd in 2019.

5. This. Ruins every song.

6. The song itself is really nice but that Outkast sample is wholly unnecessary and really very lazy.

goldsoundz likes this.
  7. SZA kills this, but what is the point in DJ Khaled? It's another song where it's a straight sample of another song, and he just talks over it. It's almost borderline parody now...

slaybellz and superultra like this.
  8. DJ Khaled is just... happy to be there. He's inoffensive, though, I'm fine with him just popping here and there, shout his 4 quotes and get his coin. He's endearing.

Miss SZA though, I hope she's jumping on all these collabs to boost her profile, because I'm needing new music from her like breathing.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  9. SMG

SMG

I could listen to SZA all day every day

As if I don’t already ddd

10. DJ Khaled's entire career.

11. There's something in SZA's voice that just leaves you wanting more. Love her!

12. RJF

RJF

“snippet”
    “Instagram story”

*closes tab*

13. If she actually comes through this year, it might be the best year for music ever

chaychay7, Dijah., sesita and 2 others like this.
  14. Her grandmother passed away.

15. We're inching closer to the release of this song

sesita, chaychay7 and nooniebao like this.
  16. She also mentioned she’ll drop her cover of Sixpence None the Richer’s Kiss Me:

17. Oh my god. "Kiss Me" but make it bop, her mind.

heavymetalGAGA, nooniebao and 2014 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.