SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album) | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Not this foolishness on top of Justin Timberlake derailing any excitement I’ve had for new material from her. Sis, don’t do this to me.

tea and theelusivechanteuse like this.
  2. The song with JT is on the Trolls soundtrack, 'The Other Side'

inevitable and nooniebao like this.
  3. RJF

RJF

The layers to this.

4. I love when people who deny that climate change has been accelerated by humans are like ThE eArTh HaS aLwAyS bEeN hOt N cOlD. Like, sis, the point is that your ass is going to be swallowed by the ocean or incinerated in a wildfire. I don't think misplaced moral superiority is gonna matter when you're BONES

5. My body doesn't recognize that energy.

6. This is so darksided.

7. How fitting!

inevitable and Mr Blonde like this.
  8. Hmm 2020 we're gonna have to pass on SZA. Try again in 2021 if total ecological collapse hasn't occurred by then.

inevitable likes this.
  9. The original tweet's gone, but:

[​IMG]

Holy shit. Step on my neck, moms.

But you need to release actual music to shape the future.

10. Meg's got that covered for the three of them.

11. Something about the composition of the photo is really weird to me, and it's not just because of the blatant cut and paste job on each of them

strangekin, Jwentz and spaceship like this.
  12. It’s kind of baffling to me that they chose her for this cover when given how much longer and established her career has been compared to Normani and Megan. There’s kind of a weird narrative disconnect to her presence given the “Next Superstar” branding. She’s kind of been a star RS.

Lowkey Summer Walker would’ve made more sense, nn! (Not that I don’t prefer Solana).

Mr Blonde, Dijah., sesita and 3 others like this.
  13. I really think it should have been Doja Cat, to be honest. It's weird because in my mind, it always felt like SZA already had her Rolling Stone cover moment.

sesita and Vasilios like this.
  14. The cover wasn't for the most prominent rape apologists and homophobes, though.

R92, Hyrulian, Bobbyrae and 6 others like this.
  15. That’s a whole other subject (and I agree) but whether I like it or not, Doja is happening and is more fitting to the cover than SZA who’s already a star.

16. They wanted three chocolate girls on the cover. Let them have this.

I guess Summer Walker would have made sense but I don't know if she does press like that.

17. First single from the soundtrack to the Trolls sequel is out February 26th. It’s a duet with Justin Timberlake titled The Other Side.

spaceship likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

I play my skip card, and we go straight to a new album instead.

19. So is Justin just a resident singer for the Trolls franchise now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.