SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album) | Page 75 | The Popjustice Forum

SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Mar 3, 2016.

1. 2001

Exactly my point. I need them to bring that energy again if they wanna play in 2020. Their most recent work has been so stale to my ears.

2. Probably to impress someone older.

3. This production is great. The hate over Pharrell and The Neptunes is nonsense, respect the people who produced so many classics.

4. You won’t hear any arguments from me considering how inconsistent I’ve found Pharrell to be in recent years. I mostly feel the same way now that he’s working regularly with Chad again even though I like this SZA single a lot.

I just think they were so innovative in the 90’s/2000’s that any artist that grew up in their prime would probably do anything to work with them. Solana’s also talked about being a Neptunes stan many times over the years.

I think APESHIT and Stir Fry by Migos are still the most fun he’s sounded like he’s had in the studio in recent years.

5. I'm with you on Apeshit. That beat was nuts. Lemon w/ Rihanna, too.

6. Her label gave her the green light? I'm pretty sure she was the one holding it up, she even recently said she wasn't sure which direction to take everything.

7. I honestly prefer Hit Different to the second track, but I could see the latter growing on me. It's just so nice to have new SZA music finally in the world again.

8. "It all sounds so different - all the visuals are completely different”

I'd like to see it.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  9. I’m more of a Pharrell-apologist than most, but let’s not pretend that he and or The Neptunes aren’t still consistently called upon by high profile artists because of legacy and social-status rather than innovation. His legacy is more than well earned, but he’s not still booking gigs because his productions are the freshest things out there.

Also, I guess I feel more negatively about him lately because every tongue that rises against Kelis should fall!

10. Girls need to learn 'felt horny for Justin's spaghetti hair at 12' isn't reason enough to call up a producer.

11. Whoops at
    being the reason I make most of my life's decisions.

12. I can't stop singing the chorus. I'm glad she's back and I'm enjoying the whole package she delivered. Also it's now clear more than ever that Chad Hugo is the genius behind the boards after years of tragic Pharell productions.

The production on the second track sounds like something that could fit on the new HAIM album and I'm here for it.

13. The second song is with Jacob Collier and it will be out very soon.

14. I'm kinda surprised about this reaching #5 on US Spotify on the first day. The hype is real.

FINISH LINE, tea and nooniebao like this.
  15. CTRL’s been on the Billboard 200 since the summer of 2017 and is lowkey one of the most influential albums of the last couple of years. Tons of people were perched for her next single as a lead artist.

16. *Was. I think she may have just blown that but let’s see the second week numbers.

17. The guy’s incredibly talented and has the production innovation to back it up so I’m perched for this.

D.Jay, BrokenHearts and sesita like this.
  18. I've seen him live, he is very talented.

An Insider likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.