SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album) | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

SZA - Ctrl (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Mar 3, 2016.

1. tea

tea

That snippet and the song at the end of Hit Different are nice, but I'm excited to hear it all as a body of work.
    It portrays rappers in a negative light by putting them in a box, degrades their art in general, and it disproportionately affects black people. I could be a bit off though I just learned about this a couple weeks ago.

Dave likes this.
  2. The streams for this are...abysmal. Just over 27m on Spotify after almost two months. It’s a shame because it has definitely grown on me. Terrible “comeback” song though. I hope she can get it together and launch properly but I suspect it’s not gonna happen until 2021.

3. Good Days might be on the way?

sesita and Bobbyrae like this.
  4. How is that number low for her? It’s doing pretty good.

5. Whitney did that with 5 singles - streaming really fucked the album chart.

nooniebao likes this.
  6. I get what you’re saying to an extent, but isn’t calculating streaming stats as part of the Billboard 200 just a better way of measuring music consumption nowadays?

7. Oh yeah, and you know I'm a pro-streaming hun all the way, just meant when comparing new and old accolades it'll seem weird.

popzone likes this.
  8. You can never compare chart records from a different era anyway.

Like how prior to the late 90s/00s, albums wouldn't peak in sales in their first week. And then it became all about whose first week #s were higher.

Hyrulian, An Insider, tea and 2 others like this.

9. Can you say iconic:

10. A little late for that nn

11. New collaboration with Megan Thee Stallion out this Friday:

tea, slaybellz, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  12. Ugh I can't stop listening to this. That hook is an earworm. I need her music back in my life.

superultra, nooniebao and spaceship like this.
  13. I can say that "Hit Different" is officially a banger. With these nights that turn dark quickly, it's a mood lately.

HippoSteaks likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.