♛ T-ara Discography Rate ♛ HAPPY DECADE ANNIVERSARY! | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

♛ T-ara Discography Rate ♛ HAPPY DECADE ANNIVERSARY!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by GeiPanda, May 24, 2019.

1. AREUM’S ADVENTURE
    Member Spotlight

[​IMG]

Birth Name: Lee Ah Reum
    Date of Birth: April 19th, 1994 (Age: 25)
    Position: Main Vocalist, Rapper
    Zodiac: Aries
    Instagram: @areum0ju

Three years into their career, Core Contents Media (now MBK) announced in 2012 that T-ara would be transformed from seven-members into a nine-member group, with the addition of Dani and Areum.

Areum made her stage debut on July 7th 2012 with the Music Core comeback performance of Day By Day.

The following April, Areum performed as part of subunit T-ara N4.

Almost exactly a year after her debut, Areum announced in a July 2013 video that she would be leaving the group to pursue a solo hip-hop career - which never materialized. She participated in “idol rebooting” show The Unit in 2018, where she was eliminated in 44th place.

[​IMG]
    Qri’s Qpinion #6: "Annyeonghaseyo! This is Qri aka Queen Qri aka Qrisus. I've decided to take a little break from looking cute AF times four to share my unparalleled views about brief but memorable sis Areum!

The foremost word that comes to mind when discussing Areum is … shame. Shame for a great waste of untapped talent. She got thrown into an irredeemable situation, that was completely out of her own hands. While KKS never directly admitted this, it’s easy to see that he got greedy and tried to increase the longevity of T-ara by adding in a bunch of new members to lower the average age of the group. Since the bullying scandal exploded in the same era of Areum's addition, she was put in a very awkward position. I’m sure there were a lot of eyes placed on her by netizens to see if she was being ostracized by the other members.

Her participation in The Unit shows that she still has/had a desire to be in a girl group, so it does seem a bit fishy that her reason for leaving T-ara was for a solo career. I strongly think her departure was yet another MBK scheme. The company probably wanted to “reset” the group back to its original 6-ara lineup, to prevent any more potential rumours of "new member drama" to plague them anymore. FYI, she performed Day & Night on The Unit:

Areum had a lot of potential to become a triple-threat (vocals, rap, dance). Her place alongside Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon in T-ara N4 underlines that she was able to keep up with the talent that is the Holy Trinity.

She ended up in a surprisingly low position on The Unit, but in fairness to her - she got sick and only appeared in her group’s performance for a few seconds as the rapper. Possibly related - she lost a massive amount of weight in less than a month, and she even admitted that she suffered trauma from this extreme weight loss.

It’s sad thinking about potential scenarios; for example, if only MBK waited a few more years to put Areum in DIA. Granted, she would not have reached the successful heights of being a T-ara member, but at least she would be in a (semi) active girl group. Either way, Areum was truly done wrong, and I hope she has found fulfillment and happiness. Wow, I've really went from being a shady ho (dragging Soyeon's emotionless face, cackling at Hyomin's wigs) to being very nice about my fellow members. You know what that is? Growth.gif xoxo."

What are your thoughts on our one-year T-ara member? Please share your feelings, opinions, and/or memorable moments of Lee Areum!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. He

He

I thought Areum was great, actually. Adding anyone was unnecessary, but at least they added a very talented girl. I wish her mental health hadn't suffered as much because of all the messery, plus bullying from the snake sisters.

3. Love Ahreum but I can't lie, I cannot wait for the messy as fuck
    I can't wait for Qrisus' take on this.

4. ANNOUNCEMENTS!
    1) For those who have yet to send in their scores, please also include @Empty Shoebox in your PM when you do. They have been working hard to help input your scores, so including us both will make it a little less chaotic for the information to be passed around.

2) I'll be traveling for a lot of July so I'm pleased to announce a new deadline! This will be the final major extension I give y'all (I may extend by a few hours/days when the time comes, but not much more than that), so please make the most of it. You have a very generous 16 days to do this! This applies to the Japanese Bonus Round too.

NEW DEADLINE: 18th July, 2019.
    11.59pm EST/8:59pm PST
    (19th July, 2019 4:59am GMT)
    (19th July, 2019 5:59am CEST)
    (19th July, 2019 11:59am PST)
    (19th July, 2019 1:59pm AEST)

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Oh dear! I did not know about all the trouble with Ahreum, I think my commentary was not so nice to her (well more questioning the need to add her)... anyway, can't wait for the results!

GeiPanda likes this.
  6. Me forcing myself to think of some commentary since I don't really have any excuse now
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Oleander, vague and 6 others like this.
  7. Wait I'm dumb, I had not seen the new deadline post nn.
    Praise Qrisus.

8. Going back to the Gangkiz conversation, remember their debut single Honey Honey? It had strange flourishes of Lovey-Dovey-liteness in it. Dddd the audience is absolutely dead in this performance, and the cheers are clearly prerecorded:

I kind of stan these flop unnies tbh. They really had their odds stacked against them. They were "mature" by kpop standards; their leader was around 29 when they debuted I think? Yass, show those teeny-bopper binches how it's done. And they got a bunch of hate by T-ara fans because of this messy story (Gangkiz are the unnamed 7-member rookie group in this article): Eunjung loses 34 million won (30,000 USD) in Europe.

So many questions. Why was Eunjung - a full-time member of T-ara with nonstop performing and acting schedules - the secretary of this group? Why was she carrying so much money in one bag?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    RUNAWAY, vague, codecat and 6 others like this.
  9. He

He

"Eunjung was the "secretary" who was managing all the funds of the members."
    WHAT.

This sounds like some money laundering scheme gone wrong, ddd.

Like... I don't even know what that is.

RUNAWAY, vague, GeiPanda and 4 others like this.
  10. Crazy that MBK once had four active girl groups (T-ara, Gangkiz, The Seeya, and Five Dolls). And now... they only have DIA.

Remember the time when they made Eunjung, Jiyeon and Hyomin do promotions with Five Dolls, despite the Holy Trinity's jampacked schedules? Shameless! Chanmi must have been shaking.

RUNAWAY, vague, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  11. Remember when Hyomin styled Five Dolls for Like This or That and made the girls look like 2009 Kpop threw up on them?

Or when Eunjung cameo'd in Co-Ed School's video for their Telephone knock off Biribom Beetleborg

(The video is honestly offensive in it's depiction of mental illness)

T-ara were really out there doing community service, huh.

Conan, RUNAWAY, vague and 7 others like this.
  12. Five Dolls (and Co-ed School) really were a mess weren't they? And that's not even mentioning the seperate bullying scandal they got themselves into.

I guess the one positive thing is that we got 1st Soulmate aka ABSOLUTE BOP before they disbanded:

vague, He, Oleander and 3 others like this.
  13. Such a bop.

Conan likes this.
  14. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Just a quick tag to remind you that you have 11 days to complete this rate! As always, please just PM me if you'd prefer not to be reminded in the future. Much love xo.

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

vague, Oleander, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  15. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Just a quick tag to remind you that you have 11 days to complete this rate! As always, please just PM me if you'd prefer not to be reminded in the future. Much love xo.

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

vague, Oleander, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  16. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

vague, Oleander, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  17. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

18. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

enjoy v2.0, vague, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  19. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

20. ♛ SECOND STAGE TAGGING

Qri is counting on you!
    [​IMG]

Rem, vague, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.