Tailor Made! | The Popjustice Forum

Tailor Made!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by WhatKindOfKylie?, Jun 16, 2019.

1. I was just thinking about songs that were just so perfect for the original artist that recorded and released it, so perfect for it in fact, it does not matter whether or not they had any participation in the songwriting process itself. It was just really meant to be for them.

For me, the ultimate example has to be this. A song passed around and rejected for at least 3 years before this all time legend, got her hands on it and had a huge #1 and worldwide smash with it a result:

Forget first choice Cliff. Forget Bucks Fizz who almost had a single release before Tina beat them too it. Forget even fellow iconic Diva Donna Summer, who was also offered it at some point. This was truly perfect for Tina on every level. 35 years on, it still hasn't lost its touch either.

What would other people's choices be?

Eric Generic likes this.
  2. Misleading thread title when the song wasn’t tailor made for Tina!

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. I know that it was't first offered and stated that, but I meant that it was perfect her to release. And she was the first one that released it too.

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. Good idea for a thread. There must be some really perfect examples, but the first that comes to mind is The End Of The Innocence by Don Henley. It's hard to believe he didn't write it himself, but Bruce Hornsby manages to give him the perfect lyrics and chords to create something Don might have come up with.

Whats strange is that, for such a stunning song, it doesn't sound quite so good when Hornsby performs it. That's the Don Henley effect. Forever making the excellent into the sublime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.