TAKE THAT - a mistake? | The Popjustice Forum

TAKE THAT - a mistake?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maxmartin, May 4, 2007.

1. I think its a mistake to release ''Wait for Life''.
    I really think ''Manchunian Way'' or ''Butterfly'' would have been much better choices!

2. I don''t think it matters at this point - they''d release 3 minutes of them farting, and it''d get to #1.

3. Stock, Aitken and Waterman better hope that theory will work for them.

4. I really like I''d Wait For Life, I''m not surprised it''s going to be a single, it makes me want to blub.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

i think Take That coming back is a mistake in general, haha.

NKOTB FTW

6. I agree to a certain extent. I feel that they have ruined their "legacy". I think its definitely a contrived way to ensure they overtake Westlife for the title for the boyband with the most no1 singles. I thought they should have just done the reunion tour and re-released a Greatest Hits with a few new songs on it and just the one single "Patience".

Milky x

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

i was (mostly) joking.

i always hated them back in the day, but they''re just 4 blokes singing pop songs these days, and that''s no bad thing.

they don''t "sound" like Take That anymore though.

8. I love Take That, and any pop/rock act is better than a hip-hop junk.

I wouldn''t go for "I''d Wait For Life" as a single too, Reach Out or Like I Never Loved You At All are better.

9. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I agree with the farting bit!

I prefer Hold On, Mancunian Way and Reach Out
    and find the album really strong to be honest.

Also I don''t think they tainted anything - instead they are much better thought of now, they do better and they don''t have the "teen idols" stigma attached, so they seem more credible.

And with a possible 2 million album seller and 2 singles still in the Top 30 who cares!

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Their first song was just a Gary Barlow solo record, and the second was a Scissor Sisters/ELO pastiche.

is the album better than that? i hope and assume so.

11. “I’d Wait For Lifeâ€￾ is effectively a Gary Barlow solo single too. A song which he’s probably been sitting on for 8 years for fear of being stoned by the British public. Interesting how a slight shift in perception (i.e. it’s good old Take That) now makes it “much anticipatedâ€￾.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Gary and am delighted.

12. i found the album, barring the 2 singles so far, complete dross........

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I found it surprisingly good, and honest, emotional, just right.
    They can''t do Relight My Middleaged Fire, right? (How wrongly hot was Gary doing that on tour? Oops, forget I said that!).

I wouldn''t mind them doing Open Road or For All That You Want from Gary''s past.

I had his first album on a bootleg russian copy and it had his name written as Gari Barlow. Snigger.

14. Whilst not a massive TT fan first time round, I''ve been really impressed with their new matieral. For a band that had such a strong reputation as a singles band, they seem to have turned in a really good album. Even my rock-loving flatmate said Patience was the best pop song of the year...

15. I thought Reach Out was gonna be the third single? And yes, I was never a huge fan back in the day, but the album''s a really strong set and the first I have of theirs bar the Greatest Hits. There''s no contest with Westlife. They pump out constant predictable drivel...

16. Ohhhh
    I agree
    They''re past it
    Haha
    They should be hanging around community centers running weekend music workshops keeping youths off the streets....
    I can just see Gary Barlow now.... "In my hay-day I was quite the pop star...."

Sad times.

17. vasilios

vasilios Guest

NKOTB were much better at the time, had better material and Face The Music should have been massive (Dawg!) but oh well. They didn''t want it bad enough - too many millions.

I got their best of DVD and oh my, everything wrong about the 80''s is there. Stylistically and video art-wise. Never Let You Go is their lost classic.

18. i love Never Want To Let You Go.

I Can Make It is my fave ballad, such a rainy day 80''s ballad.

Once You''ve Tasted Love is my fave dance track from them at that time.

19. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Never Let You Go is a NKOTB song.

20. Once You''ve Tasted Love was the first Take That song I loved, it reminded me of The KLF bizarrely enough, and I have the fancy pop-up calendar edition, yeah, go me.

Never Want To Let You Go was on Take That and Party.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.