Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk | The Popjustice Forum

Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marie_05, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Ahh... No Robbie? Oh well, bring it on boys!

3. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Apparently they worked with both Stuart Price and John Shanks for this album.

4. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I'm not British nor do I live there but I care for this album. I really enjoyed the last albums - okay, the one with Robbie was average..

5. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I'm looking forward to hearing this. I enjoyed their last album.

6. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Yes. Just wait.

7. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I'd put money on this being the biggest (or second biggest behind Adele) selling album of the year.

Their comeback is long overdue, but it will feel like a proper comeback (again). Weirdly, I'd prefer Robbie in the group but I think The Circus is a stronger album, so I'm sure the material will be epic.

Plus I have to see them live. I get so frustrated when acts wheel out the same old versions of old singles at shows, but I will officially lose my mind seeing them do the full version of Pray, Back For Good and A Million Love Songs. I'm a middle aged woman at heart.

8. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I am definitely looking forward to the Stuart Price produced bits of the album. I find the John Shanks productions quite boring and bland. I am quite gutted that Robbie Williams is not a part of this project. Take That was always a 5-piece for me.

9. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Loved their last album and a few singles from previous ones so I'm excited for this.

10. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Some of their best songs are without Robbie.

11. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

You can make one hell of an album if you substitute the better songs on Progressed (Love Love, The Day The Work Is Done, Don't Say Goodbye) for some of the weaker ones on Progress (Happy Now, Affirmation and the career low point that was What Do You Want From Me?)

This will probably be more of a 'trial listen on Spotify first' than an immediate buy for me, but I'm still interested. Let's just keep the Mark lead vocals to a minimum this time, or better still ditch them altogether.

12. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Yes. They should never let Mark sing lead on any of their songs (though I have to admit he did good on "Shine"). Give Jason more vocals please.

13. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Coming for those Xmas sales, then post-Xmas Cash Converters.

14. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Best song on 'Progress' for me. Baffled as to why it never got performed on tour when Underground BLOODY Machine did.

15. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Mark vocals don't bother me in theory, but he's got to be used in the right way. He sings for his life on Shine and I think it's great, but 'What Do You Want From Me?' was pretty bad.

And not to sound like a 60 year old new grandmother, but I'm most looking forward to the songwriting.

16. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Since 'Beautiful World', their material has been top notch if a bit on the heavy balladry side. Still, I'm looking forward hearing the new record, even considering that Robbie not being around in the studio equals more slowies in general. After a couple of years, 'Progress' remains fresh and ubiquitous to their discography.

17. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Fair play to them, it's not like they can hide their millions in tax avoidance schemes any more!

Gary's 'non-apology' on Twitter the other week turned me right off him.

18. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Loved Beautiful World. Loved Circus. Not bothered by Progress. Really excited for another non-Robbie TT album!

19. W2K

W2K

Progress was a fantastic album, bar the last few tracks. I hope they can return to this sort of quality.

20. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

This is naturally going to annihilate every other act in the Christmas sales. I'm sure they'll serve us up a handful of great tracks - they've not released anything bad since their comeback, their only crime has been the middle-of-the-road filler on the albums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.