Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marie_05, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I like it, but it could easily have been a new One Direction song, if you didn't hear it clearly on the radio, I'm sure you would in fact think that.

3. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I thought Olly Murs.

4. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

The album artwork looks like three brit awards

5. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I love it... It's going to sound phenomenal in a stadium.

6. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I think it's OK, but will they still be able to sell the stadiums as just a three piece? I would imagine they'll pull a 'oh we decided to scale it down this tour a la Kylie' arena tour next time.

7. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

This is unexpectedly brilliant!

8. RJF

RJF

Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

It's pretty good. Gary knows his way around a pop song better than the vast majority of people writing their own stuff at this level. The vocals being mixed into some anonymous slurry is a little bit boring after two minutes, but I suppose its necessary to make the fact there's now two less voices less jarring.

9. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Why did Jason leave?

10. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Not bad, I would give it a 7/10. Do we know who the producer is?

11. pdf

pdf

Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Greg Kurstin

12. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

What a bop! I love how it's structured, the "take me back..." parts work amazingly as a pre-chorus, and the trusty oh-oh-oh hook is brilliantly catchy.

13. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Sounds a lot like St Lucia. I love this.

14. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I like it, but not sure I love it. So far anyway. It's like Take That covering a Mika song.

15. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Loving it! The "oh oh oh's" are extremely catchy!

16. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Love the single.

I have to hand it to Take That, it would be so easy for them to stick with their tried and tested sound, but I really appreciate how from Progress onwards they have really developed and pushed their sound. Their stature and talent allows them to do experiment without losing credibility, so I am so pleased that it seems like we're heading for another album as strong as Progress. I am totally ready for that big dance number! Colour me excited.

17. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

I expected them to regress a bit without Robbie (and now Jason). I'm glad that didn't happen - These Days is great.

Absolutely.

18. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Maybe Howard has more creative control? #HouseAnthems

19. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Pleasantly surprised. Also that artwork is fantastic. Also, I always forget how much I enjoy Mark's marmite vocals before they come on.

20. Re: Take That - 7th Studio Album (2014)

Sounds really good. I'm really looking forward to this album!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.