Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marie_05, Sep 9, 2014.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I quite like the single, but it's definitely for the hen party crowd. It's Gary doing his "What's been popular in the last 12 months? I'll have a bit of that, a bit of that..." and mashing it up into the radio friendliest thing imaginable. Which is clever in its own way, but it doesn't scream originality. Now there's three of them, maybe trying to sound like The Bee Gees is deliberate, I dunno.

It'll be a decent sized hit, there'll be an X Factor performance, etc. Everything is mapped out for the next 18 months / 2 years, I'm sure!

2. What a cheerful, uplifting track.

Genuinely feelgood. Well done.

3. Been listening to The Flood so much recently, genuinely one of my favourite singles ever, this feels very generic in comparison. It's well written and it's a good song, but it just doesn't grab me in the way previous Take That singles have.

4. Wow amazing song I love it!

5. I'm liking this!

Never been a fan of Take That (with the exception of their US hit I Want You Back)

6. Have you heard The Flood though.

7. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

It's definitely closer to Candy than The Flood in the Barlow cannon of songwriting, but I like it a lot. It meets the Q4 standard.

8. Yeah, I'm really impressed with this. I was convinced Borelow would make another appearance with a Mumford-influenced album but it's nice to see he's got his pop hat back on.

9. After all the talk that Robbie "needs" Take That, apparently it's Gary who needs Take That.

10. It sounds like JLS - She Makes Me Wanna

Its not bad but like I said it sounds like a JLS song which isn't necessarily a good thing for the most popular manband Britain has produced in recent times.

Speaking of Take That's popularity I wonder if the Jason Orange fans will buy this CD? I know he didn't provide much in terms of talent but a lot of Take That fans seem like mostly shallow over sexed women in their 30s and 40s who probably buy the albums for the pix over the music.

11. I like this less and less every time I listen to it.

12. This song has its moments but it does not sound like a Take That song. I mean, the vocals are far from recognizable. This song is VERY current - but I don't know how it will hold up against the rest of the band's legacy. Time will tell.

13. It's a bit old school Xenomania to me. Lots of hooks and crazy structure. I love it.

14. I'm from the US. I guess I have to listen to it.

15. I think I would like it a little bit more if Robbie was involved, because I feel like the song misses his vocals somewhere.

Besides that, I think it's amazing, obviously.

16. Sam

Sam

My mother is gonna be all over this.

It's good though.

17. I can see Robbie's vocals totally fitting in here.

18. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Great reference point. It's kind of the ideal of a Nadine Coyle solo single.

I like it more and more with each listen.

19. I wish Cheryl or 1D had this song instead.

20. Ooh, yes. Nadine would be fantastic on this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.