Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marie_05, Sep 9, 2014.

1. And Take That needs Gary.

2. What's wrong with Mark's voice? His last solo album was bloody brilliant. He is a great songwriter too. I kinda miss hearing him on this new Take That song. All I can hear is Barlow (who, ever since X Factor, just annoys the hell out of me). Nice song though but... Yeah I'm not orgasming like some of you.

3. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Mark's voice is most prominent in the mix during the verses and whenever they sing "these days," I hear his voice.

4. I think it's a real blend between all three of them. It's certainly unusual for Take That.

5. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Really like this. Nice direction for them.

6. Love this to death. Will be following them through this new phase, I truly hope it does work out.

7. Why is it that within Take That Gary Barlow seems to really "get" pop music or at least since Progress one could say, yet outside of the band he's completely awful in terms of his own solo music and his opinions on "real music" etc.

8. I don't know if I can come across as clear as I'd like to but Mark's voice is one of the most unique e dramatic voices in pop. It's a shame it's so underrated! It kills me seeing people saying his voice is duck-like...

His last album is incredible and The One is one of the best tracks ever written. So realistic yet surreal and it makes you think about what life is really all about.

I'm here for the Mark love - who now is my favourite member since Jason left.

9. I've always wondered the same thing, but my theory is that Mark is Take That's secret weapon. People often underestimate his importance. It certainly explains why he can make good solo albums and Gary can't.

10. I totally agree with you. I wish more people would give his music a chance because it is really really good.

11. After about a week, I can now safely say that Take That never really put a foot wrong for me (musically)...until now. Progress was everything I wanted from a Take That comeback and more. That album was a massive step forward for them, but with this new song it feels like they're taking 20 steps back. Not that I think they should only release po-faced pop now (they always used to get feel-good anthems completely right), but something about These Days rubs me up the wrong way. It's like a mid-life crisis distilled in a song. One Direction doing their worst Daft Punk impression, basically.

Is it strange to think that the new Robbie/Avicii single sounds more like a Take That song than These Days? Is it too late for them to swap songs? We could even pretend that it references Never Forget!

12. Really? Oh my I think his voice is like nails on a blackboard. Extremely unpleasant when not just one line every now & then.

That "Innocent Child" track like haunts my eardrums.

13. Just heard this - doesn't sound like Take That at all. It's nice enough and good they've not done a Patience/Rule The World/Greatest Day/The Flood re-hash, but there's something quite 'faceless dance act' about it.

14. The music video was released today.

[video=youtube;I43R3jIFE74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I43R3jIFE74[/video]

Gary doing the choreography at the end...

15. Great video.

16. very entertaining video!

17. The video makes me like the song even more.

18. This has become my favourite thing take That have ever done! Can't wait for the album.

19. I absolutely loved that. Also I'm quite into them as a three piece, it's cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.