Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Take That - Odyssey (Greatest Hits) / General Talk

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marie_05, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Fantastic video for a really great song. Looking forward to the album now.

2. This is actually really good, not what I was expecting from them. The verses are far better than the chorus though.

3. Fairly good video for an ok song.

Far from convinced still.

4. I want this to smash to see them keep going. Fantastic material is coming our way,

5. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I think someone made a Bee Gees reference in the Progress thread when we were talking about them being a three piece; who knew how apt a comparison it would be?

6. Between this and 1989, it's reassuring to know some of the biggest albums of the year will also probably be the best.

7. Really like the song, love the video. As someone else said they make a cute three-piece

8. These Days sounds a bit like something Xenomania would put out in 2014, aka something not really that good. The video is better than the song.

9. I truly hate myself for liking this.

10. I find the chorus amazing. It really gets the serotonin going.

11. The video has made me really like the song, just a shame about Gary's constant 'why do I have to be here?" face.

12. Gary shouldn't be allowed to dance, bless him.

13. Do the verses sound like a really good Mika song to anybody else? Just me?

14. Not sure if anybody has ever heard one to know.

15. I don't know if the tracklist's already been posted but here it is anyway:

[TABLE]
    [TR="class: listRowEven, bgcolor: #EEF1F6"]
    [TD]1. These Days[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: listRowOdd"]
    [TD]2. Let In The Sun[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]3. If You Want It[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]4. Lovelife[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]5. Portrait[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]6. Higher Than Higher[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]7. I Like It[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]8. Give You My Love[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]9. Freeze[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]10. Into The Wild[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]11. Flaws[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]12. Get Ready For It[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

And deluxe tracks...

[TABLE]
    [TD]13. Believe[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]14. Amazing[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD]15. Do It For All For Love[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I'm assuming track fifteen's title is a mistake!

16. RJF

RJF

GLASGOW THE SSE HYDRO - Tuesday 28 April / Thursday 30 April / Friday 1 May

BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA - Thursday 14 May / Friday 15 May / Saturday 16 May

NEWCASTLE METRO RADIO ARENA - Monday 18 May / Tuesday 19 May

MANCHESTER ARENA - Thursday 21 May / Friday 22 May / Saturday 23 May / Monday 25 May / Tuesday 26 May

SHEFFIELD MOTORPOINT ARENA - Monday 1 June / Tuesday 2 June

LONDON THE O2 - Thursday 4 June / Friday 5 June / Saturday 6 June / Monday 8 June / Tuesday 9 June

Seems a tad ambitious. Mind you, they might have even more in the wings to announce.

17. I dunno. I think their popularity had dipped a tad but considering they did stadiums last time, this seems about right.

18. They should have started at three show per arena and built to four and five. But yes. It'll be good, obviously.

19. This just doesn't feel like a proper "event" at all this time around, does it? Besides X Factor and Graham Norton, is there any hype at all in the UK? I have to say that I'm a little worried.

I hope These Days isn't an indicator of this album's quality and overall sound, it's by far their most disappointing release since forever. The fact that Stuart Price and John Shanks are back on board is reassuring, though.

20. What was the hype around Circus? I know Beautiful World was their comeback and Progress had Robbie, but Circus does sound as if it was a non-event as well. I don't think the album will shift 500k on its first week but I highly doubt it will sell under 250-300k. They have A LOT of die-hard fans. More than we think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.