Tame Impala - Slow Rush (Album, out Feb14) | The Popjustice Forum

Tame Impala - Slow Rush (Album, out Feb14)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Currents is out there and is fantastic.

Best male pop in years & yearse.

kal likes this.
  2. RJF

RJF

Apple Music referred one of their albums to me but it didn't take. Listening to the opening track of this album right now though, and it seems way more my thing.

Vasilios likes this.
  3. I haven't listened to the new album yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it.

4. RJF

RJF

Yes, this is very good indeed.

5. His voice could be a little bit too much sometimes, but this album is really great and well produced.
    It´s hard to pick favourites cause every song has something special.
    Let it happen, Eventually, Yes I´m changing, New Person same old mistakes may have the strongest melodies on this record. Nangs is a dope interlude and the production on Past life is fantastic... The Moment is great too... I can go on and on...

6. I kind of hate it. It's easily their worst album, in my opinion. Then again, they've got a lot to live up to.

7. The Moment is the one right now. And The Less I Know The Better.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    kal likes this.
  8. "The Less I Know The Better" is so good...had that one on repeat yesterday. I also really like the singles he/they've released prior to the album release and "Yes I'm Changing."

9. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Looking forward to the Tame Impala vs. Prides vs. Years & Years rate I won't be participating in.

TRAVVV and Wishlight like this.
  10. Let It Happen is incredible, is that on the album/in the album in the same vein?

11. In theory they're a band I should love but I only like them because when they first came out they felt like a watered down version of bands I liked more, namely Dungen. It seems like their sound has evolved since then so I will have to give this new album a shot.

12. Yes & no. I think "Let it happen" is the highlight of the whole record but the rest in this vein.

13. Eventually is a stunning track. So's Cos I'm A Man.

Haven't downloaded the leak, I've waited this long I'll hang in there just a bit longer.

14. This is incredible. I'm completely immersed after one through listen.

Can't wait for tonight - get drunk, get this on loud and start contemplating life...

15. I like it but I thought I would love it, the music is way more pop/rock than I'd expected and the songwriting doesn't make up for it. I want to delete certain songs because of the impression they leave on the album but they're still good so I can't but then I'm left with this collection that I'm so-so about.

I feel like he's turning into the Black Keys and I don't like it.

16. Amazing!

mylesofsmiles93 likes this.
  17. Listened through this last night and was absolutely swept away in it. Not at all what I was expecting.

Immediate standouts are The Less I Know the Better and Past Life but that's sure to change.

Vasilios likes this.

18. Such an earworm.

19. Cause I'm A Man kinda shook my bussy the other day.

I'm surprised people are calling them pop in this thread though. They're a little too psychedelic for that label, no?

20. Was going to say I haven't properly checked him out but love "Cause I'm A Man' and especially this cover. Need to listen to the album before the autumn rush.

Vasilios likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.