Tame Impala - The Slow Rush | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 7, 2015.

1. I’m so ready for this album and no I don’t think there was any use waiting until February 2020 for it.

2. This is a cute bop in the vein of The Less I Know The Better, not quite on par, but more than serviceable.

Txetxu likes this.
  3. Another one for the playlist.

2014 and Txetxu like this.
  4. Janet's The Great Forever could fit onto that playlist.

slaybellz likes this.
  5. I-

2014, slaybellz and Laurence like this.
  6. I've really fallen in love with Lost In Yesterday. It's infectiousness creeps up on you.

Duppe likes this.
  7. Lost In Yesterday is the sort of summery, hazy, boppy perfection I need from them.

Duppe likes this.
    iRyan likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I haven't listened to anything from this yet but Currents still holds up so well after repeated repeated plays, so I'm ready for more!

10. I thought he was wearing a dress for a second and that the reflection of his head was his legs.

Also he looks like a younger version of Max Martin so he's halfway there!

11. Welp, I love it.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Yessss please!

tea, Sam, 2014 and 7 others like this.
  13. This MUST happen

14. Haven’t been able to stop playing Lost in Yesterday

lushLuck and spaceship like this.
  15. tea

tea

His songwriting style feels a lot less instant and hooky than Max Martin's.

Where are the hits? I'm rooting for him, but this feels too ambitious at the moment.

16. I think he's more inclined into... making great pop music. And not really about "Scoring the hits". Max Martin is still a reference while talking about pop music producers and probably was the first name in his mind.

I'd love to see Parker with more Pop Girls. Find U Again is so good and I didn't know he had a finger on that one. And of course I'd love if he worked with Gaga again and this time we had a chance to hear... more of the instrumental.

Digital_Fossil and spaceship like this.
  17. Oh I forgot this was out this week.

I didn't read the article but I think he means writing for other people not his own stuff.

spaceship likes this.
  18. tea

tea

Gotcha, I'm definitely taking his words too literally.

While "Find U Again" is decent, I feel like it's missing something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.