Tame Impala - The Slow Rush | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Have we met?

2. Tame Impala always reminds me of Memory Tapes in both the sounds and looks departments except Dayve is cuter.

[​IMG]

3. Sam

Sam

Oh fuck off

4. Some people haven't had love nor a perfect illusion and it shows

5. Has anyone tried Any Songs From This Album yet I thought Any Songs From This Album was lovely

6. Whoever changed the title it’s “The Slow Rush”.

7. This album is a triumph! Lost In Yesterday, Is It True and Borderline are the holy trinity here.

8. Kali Uchis, Theopilus London, Zhu etc. He produced a lot of good songs.

Also Perfect Illusion is amazing.

9. This album is (as expected) perfect - what an amazing and deeply felt collection of songs. I love that I can trip with the spaced out soundscape and then when I come back to pay attention to the lyrics they are super percipient, raw and poetic... it really hits home hard.

achilles and spaceship like this.
  10. Sounds like someone’s moccasin game is weak

11. Which reminds me how much I love his Theopilus collabs!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    BrokenHearts and spaceship like this.
  12. The outro to Breathe Deeper is mesmerisingly beautiful.

13. £5.50 on Amazon for the CD......run!

spaceship likes this.
  14. If it caaaaalls you...

embrace it

and if it haaaaaunts you...

face it

[​IMG]

15. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Perfect Illusion truly is this forum’s 2010’s version of Sexy! No No No. Something we all know isn’t a patch on the artist’s best work, is actually a bit awful and a melodic racket, but we’ve all just said long enough that it’s brilliant so it’s considered brilliant. Oh, and the defense is “It’s well produced!”.

Gotta love it.

Anyway, this album is ridiculously good.

16. ...not really? Many of us have unironically loved it from day one because we legitimately love it.

17. The outro to this. My goodness.

18. Yeah, why not...I loved Currents.

19. What we won’t do is defame Sexy! No No No...’s perfection in a thread celebrating this flaw free album.

20. I mean ... if you're a Tame Impala fan I don't see what's not to like in Perfect Illusion. It's essentially a Kevin Parker track that she appropriated and thank god she did because it's the most interesting and layered song on Joanne. I still think it's extremely well produced.

Andy French likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.