Tame Impala - The Slow Rush | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Possibly my favorite 'not quite pop' album of the year!

2. My favourite song from the album just had a video made. It is insane, sexual and very well shot. So many drugs must've been used in its creation.

DarkSacoura and Pink Frost like this.
  3. We get it they do drugs.

It's so funny to me that their sound is cool & hip and Pitchforky because their sound is exactly what the (then perceived) cheesy bands in the mid 80s made popular. So catchy too.

4. This sounds exactly like a Memory Tapes / Washed Out album, which is a good thing but not a particularly new thing.

PEARL likes this.
  5. I got this in the HMV sale for 4.99, because the cover is amazing and the reviews make me think I might like the music as well.

Bleu Noir likes this.
  6. This album is making a belated bid for my top ten of last year. When the production on Eventually builds and builds with tension before falling out for the "ah ah ah ah" hook I feel so lifted.

Woohoo likes this.
  7. Extraordinarily late to this but I love Let It Happen by Tame Impala.

It's Royksopp meets Motown. I completely missed it on release and had to Shazam it from Tattoo Fixers! Yes, behind the times and I watch Tattoo Fixers.

I thought others might have missed it too.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    trussy74, PEARL, Eric Generic and 2 others like this.
  8. Tame me and impale me, Kevin Parker.

[​IMG]

dvno, honey, Noir and 3 others like this.
  9. Screaming.

After Rih's fantastic cover of Same Ol' Mistake, I'm actually starting to love this album now. I didn't give much thought to it when it was released last year, but what a great pop album.

AshleyKerwin and Charmander like this.
  10. Late to the party and only just got this album but it's very good!

11. ooh a tame impala thread on PJ!
    thought they were too psych rock for here.. shows what I know! must listen to this one.

Eric Generic and AshleyKerwin like this.
  12. I'm here for a Kevin Parker pop domination beginning with a Lady Gaga collabo. (Rihanna's karaoke version is great, but barely counts).

13. I finally clicked with this brilliant album.

Euphoria likes this.
  14. Lonerism is miles better but I can't wait until summer really kicks in so I can blast this bad boy!

Vasilios likes this.
  15. I put this CD away on the shelf during my last tidy-up, and forgot about it until today when HMV had it on rotation. Must listen to the whole thing properly!

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  16. Announced for Glastonbury today. YES.

Vasilios likes this.
  17. Despite "Let It Happen" being one of my favourite songs from last year (the full version is the superior one, of course), I still haven't found the motivation to sit through the album. I remember listening to The Less I Know The Better once and not liking it much.

18. Two best songs.

Syzygyz likes this.
  19. Oh, the album is completely worth it. One of my favorites from last year & still on heavy rotation a year later. It is *very* pop, even if it's not officially classified as such. Past Life, Reality In Motion, Cause I'm A Man, Disciples = just incredible.

The last half of the album is complete perfection. The only song I would probably discard would be The Moment.

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. Has anyone seen them live?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.