Tame Impala - The Slow Rush | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 7, 2015.

1. I have. They're great. None of them is very lively on stage, but the songs were enough to get the crowd going. Their fans love them. Unlike most of their peers, they don't fuck around much with the tracks, so what you get is pretty much what you hear on the record.

2. Should I go? The ticket is kind of expensive and I only know the songs off of Currents, but they seem like they're huge in a live setting

Vasilios likes this.
  3. I saw them play Lollapalooza. The setlist didn't focus on any album in particular, so there were some Currents highlights missing, but I suppose this won't be the case if it's a headline show. I'd say go! What if the follow-up album is crap and the next time you get to see them live they're playing endless drone psychedelia stuff and the like.

Tiffany Pollard likes this.
  4. The slinky, somber groove of The Less I Know The Better is hitting the spot tonight.

5. What happened to the Currents reissue they were planning?

6. They're very good live. I saw them in 2013. The lead singer's vocals were flawless, almost a little too perfect (he was obviously not miming but it sounded nearly identical to the studio recordings, as far as I can remember.)

7. Ooh, I wasn't aware this was even supposed to be happening.

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. On the 1 year anniversary of its release they made a post about 'Deluxe + b-sides' in the works. A second disc of b-sides would be awesome...but it's nearly 9 months later and nothing's been said since

AshleyKerwin and mindtrappa like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I bought this album off the back of Same Ol' Mistakes and it's so much better than I could've thought, I love it.

10. emma_bunton_-_What_Took_You_So_Long.mp3

2014 likes this.
  11. The rerelease was done under a different band name.
    But honestly, this has become maybe one of my top 20 albums of all time (or at least inspired me to find a bunch of new ones) so I'm still hoping for something.
    I mentioned this in the rate thread but would anyone want a Tame Impala/Neon Indian/The 1975 rate with their most recent albums? I feel like they all sound similar enough and it's not too "hipster justice".

Former member 21294 likes this.
  12. I think everybody who liked Same Old Mistakes needs to check out Currents because it is full of glorious choruses and delicious instrumentals.Let It Happen is just magnificent with multiple breakdowns.

2014 and AshleyKerwin like this.
  13. I would be totally here for this as i love those three artists.Maybe we can add Arctic Monkeys last one as it was also very accessible to pop fans ? I am not so sure as it is a bit more classic alt rock but a great record nonetheless.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  14. I actually downloaded that album recently because the cover looked like something I'd get into. Now I have to put it higher on my priority list

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  15. Sure, that sounds good! I was going for that new 80s revival sound from the last few years but they're similar enough.

16. That deluxe box set is right around the corner now, it seems.

17. Finally!

18. YAS.

I fucking love this album.

19. $74.98 though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.