Tango In The Night is 35 | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Tango In The Night is 35

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Apr 13, 2022.

1. That’s exactly why I love it too. The whole vibe and warm production really makes it so iconic, this is the album that made me fall in love with the Mac! I’m proud to share my birth year with Tango In The Night.

And yes, some of the best 2010s music absolutely took some cues from this album:

I’ve never really been able to put my finger on why Walking On A Dream by Empire Of The Sun already sounded like such a classic on first listen, but yes, this is probably it.

MilesAngel, Isobel and Eric Generic like this.
  2. I don't mean to knock Christine, she was on a roll after her wonderful 1984 solo set (which I have recently got in an original version, not the brickwalled reissue), but next to the darkly intoxicating Lindsey tracks, they feel much lighter and fluffy. That said, Lindsey always had a special (musical/creative) chemistry with her, and he makes those songs sound more magical than they would in another's hands.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    Hairycub1969 likes this.
  3. It does sound like a sort of bunch of solo songs much like The Bangles 'Everything' did although much more effective.

4. Imagine if Stevie had actually brought some songs to the table as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.