Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) + Re-Recordings

My brain: this is fine, she's not gonna release anything, the album is out in 3 weeks anyway. More to enjoy on the 12th :)
Also my brain: but she did release Wildest Dreams at 2 pm bst on a friday

he/him
Spotify to me when I was checking on Taylor’s new releases on the app in the morning:

ECxtjCFWkAwR6RC.jpg

I have not listened to this album in months, but this is my current ranking. I wonder how much it's gonna change once TV is released.

1 State Of Grace
2 Begin Again
3 Treacherous
4 All Too Well
5 Everything Has Changed
6 Come Back... Be Here
7 Red
8 The Last Time
9 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
10 Holy Ground
11 The Moment I Knew
12 Starlight
13 Sad Beautiful Tragic
14 22
15 I Almost Do
16 I Knew You Were Trouble
17 The Lucky One
18 Stay Stay Stay
19 Girl At Home

He/Him
I don’t understand why they can’t put out one or two songs before the album. With the number of tracks per album she could have a new re-recording out every second week of the year and still have about 15 tracks unreleased by the time the album comes out.

There’s no reason not to release some pre-release tracks.

I also did the song sorter and it checks out, the five best songs on the album remain:

1 Treacherous
2 All Too Well
3 Sad Beautiful Tragic
4 State Of Grace
5 Red

While Fearless will likely remain most improved with the updated vocals I think there's even more potential here with songs like State of Grace: there was a clear shift to 'bigger' songs with Speak Now and Red really brought that to an apex.

6 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
7 The Last Time
8 I Knew You Were Trouble
9 Starlight
10 The Moment I Knew
11 Everything Has Changed
12 Begin Again
13 Holy Ground
14 I Almost Do
15 22
16 The Lucky One
17 Come Back... Be Here
18 Girl At Home
19 Stay Stay Stay

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him
I’m not really pressed because these are literally just remakes of songs that have been out since 2012 but the way this campaign is being ran is deranged. I’m guessing she’s still trying to re-record Stay Stay Stay without vomiting.

Taylor in the studio when the twee guitars start:

mmb4ql.gif

I am screaming at how sadistic republic and Taylor are being with this rollout. C'mon girls give us nothing!

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but I imagine she'd want to keep the impact of "listening to everything all at once" to boost hype, instead of dropping a single. It's like... everyone already knows what it sounds like, there's no need to try to present singles to sell it blindfolded like a normal album.

But then letting people overflow with nostalgia on "first play" of something they already knew but sounds ~new? get the streams, etc.

The long rollout because of Vinyl is tiring though. It would have been easier to check a calm week, announce it, drop it and then ship stuff later. She'd hit #1 two times probably dd.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but I imagine she'd want to keep the impact of "listening to everything all at once" to boost hype, instead of dropping a single. It's like... everyone already knows what it sounds like, there's no need to try to present singles to sell it blindfolded like a normal album.

But then letting people overflow with nostalgia on "first play" of something they already knew but sounds ~new? get the streams, etc.

The long rollout because of Vinyl is tiring though. It would have been easier to check a calm week, announce it, drop it and then ship stuff later. She'd hit #1 two times probably dd.

That would make more sense had she not dropped Love Story, You All Over Me, and Mr Perfectly Fine leading up to Fearless though...

It's a tad frustrating in theory but also she's inundated us with new music over the last 15 months so I think saving everything for the album was a smart move. Even as a stan I haven't listened to her much the second half of this year because I was playing folklore/evermore and then Fearless (TV) so much. Saving 30 songs both rerecorded and new for Q4 was the right call.