Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) + Re-Recordings

Me pitching a 10 minute version of Seven to Taylor at the Red (Stadium Tour)[Taylor's Version] meet and greet.

200.gif

I don't get the original choices made with "Holy Ground" from the jump, so the re-recorded version leaves me equally cold. It has the same problem that Katy's "The One That Got Away" has where that deranged drum beat makes the entire thing so tonally confused. The version she did during the Line Lounge was the first time the song had made any kind of sense to me.

…the balladification of Holy Ground was the first time you liked it?

Holy Ground is supposed to be a caffeine-induced (hence the first line), scatterbrained session of reminiscing about the first rush of a lost love. The pounding, anxious drum beat is a perfect representation of new and chaotic romance, and how you can feel almost as frenetic as you did in the moment when you look back on it sometimes.

Also, you’re ugly, you’re disgusting, I’m gonna kill you, give me 200 dollars.

Subwaykid

Staff member
Also I've been itching for an epic, sprawling, longer than 3:30 single from a Pop Girl and Taylor's conceivably the only one with the pull to do it so I'd be here for it.

Sis... I don't think there is a single pop girl with the songwriting command to hold court in a song for nine minutes. It must be a glitch.

I really planted that seed and saw the harvest, huh.

Am I remembering things wrong or is ATW 10 Minute Version more stable than both cardigan and willow? It’s almost a week now that the song has stayed atop the Apple Music and Spotify Charts.

I had memories of Alanis Morissette saying the original version of her song Unsent is much longer and now I want her to All Too Well it. Give me the full 14 minutes.

Cannot put into words the life her version of "Babe" is giving me right now. It's perfect.
I miss Jennifer’s voice on it. It’ll take time to get used to it.

Am I remembering things wrong or is ATW 10 Minute Version more stable than both cardigan and willow? It’s almost a week now that the song has stayed atop the Apple Music and Spotify Charts.

It’s doing much better on streaming than cardigan or willow, especially when you consider that it’s not even on Today’s Top Hits despite being #1 since release while both of them were.