Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) + Re-Recordings

With 72,000 chart sales, Red (Taylor’s Version) finishes ahead of two massive recent chart-toppers, ABBA’s Voyage (2) and Ed Sheeran’s Equals (3), overtaking Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour to claim the biggest week for a female artist this year.

Taylor’s opening week figure surpasses the first week sales of the original Red album, which debuted at Number 1 in November 2012 with 62,000 sales.

I think the difference in how her voice has matured in the last decade makes the differences in the songs the most prominent here. She has more power these days, meaning she can tear through "State Of Grace"... but I also think she's lost a little of her higher register that made those breathy choruses so sublime. On the other hand, you have her expanded lower register aiding songs like "Sad Beautiful Tragic" and of course the entire outro of "All Too Well" which really adds an additional layer to a song all about memory, and how it's basically two different versions of her reminiscing from two different times in her life.

There's something so enchanting about the 10 minute All Too Well, especially the second half...I honestly was not expecting to be so obsessed with it.

Another random thought....The Lucky One, The Moment I Knew and Come Back Be Here might just be my favorite glow ups. The production is pretty much identical to the originals on all 3 of them (with some minor mixing improvements), and her voice sounds SO much better on all of them now.

She’ll also become the first artist to debut at #1 on the singles and albums chart in the same week three separate times (cardigan/folklore, willow/evermore, All Too Well/Red).

I always forget she didn't get it with 1989, because I always remember she replaced herself at #1 (and there was some kind of record there too) What was #1 when 1989 was released? All About That Bass?

I always forget she didn't get it with 1989, because I always remember she replaced herself at #1 (and there was some kind of record there too) What was #1 when 1989 was released? All About That Bass?
Shake It Off re-peaked at #1 when 1989 debuted at #1 (before she replaced herself at #1 with Blank Space, which is another record) but it didn’t count towards this specific record since it was a re-peak, not a debut.

It's pitch black outside, I can't tell whether it's 5pm or 10pm, I've had enough wine to be swaying by myself and All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) is taking me out again. Apologies in advance for the breakdown both in emotion and in the lyrical content of this behemoth that will surely come later.