Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) + Re-Recordings

People have been adamant about September for Rep TV and her birthday for debut TV, which falls in line with the tentative end of the tour. I'm not sure what evidence they have to back that up so we'll see.

I feel like the re-recordings project has to be done while she's in her "Eras era" so either the tour is going to be extended or both have to drop in 24. I kind of don't want either of them to drop this year with everyone still digesting The Anthology, though.

I still think both will be released next year with her 12th studio album in 2026. I know it's based on nothing but following the same pattern as in the past but it makes sense to me (though I guess it would also make sense to release at least one more TV before the tour ends).

1989 is the only out and out miss though. Her voice is significantly better and the production is more beefed up on Fearless and Speak Now, and Red is half improved half … hmm, so it does make sense that they are doing well.

Maybe it's just because I had low expectations but I actually love 1989 TV. There are a couple where the originals are definitely better (Style, Blank Space), but I'm weirdly happier with it overall than Speak Now TV....most of them match the originals, but songs like All You Had to Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would, This Love, I Know Places, Wonderland, all surprisingly surpassed the originals for me.

My main issue with Speak Now TV is the vocal mixing. It feels like they just slapped a layer of autotune over so many of the songs and called it a day, when they really needed more of a fine tuning approach. There are a few moments I hear in songs like Dear John where the vocals are supposed to naturally bend/scoop up to notes/not be perfectly on key, and the way they edited them just flattens it out a bit and sounds messy. I still listen to it and I don't think it's disastrous or anything but I was a bit let down.

she/her
I was fairly sure she would have released Rep TV by now and released Self-Titled TV at the very end of the year as a perfect full circle moment to wrap up the tour...but then she announced Tortured Poets so that theory went out the window dd. I have no idea what her plan is now.

I saw a theory of her releasing the debut and reputation last as she is taking back her reputation and her name, which she never really lost either despite her ret-conning that she did. I can see her dropping both on her Birthday this year for those reasons, and as it's also Friday 13th, I doubt she'd let that pass by without something happening, then it's all finished and wrapped up together nicely with the tour ending.

I saw a theory of her releasing the debut and reputation last as she is taking back her reputation and her name, which she never really lost either despite her ret-conning that she did. I can see her dropping both on her Birthday this year for those reasons, and as it's also Friday 13th, I doubt she'd let that pass by without something happening, then it's all finished and wrapped up together nicely with the tour ending.
She would never drop two albums on the same day, simply because it would mean losing the chance of another #1. Besides it wouldn't make any sense, they would fight each other on both sales and streams. (And let's not forget self titled is her only album that didn't debut at #1, which will be corrected by the re-recording for sure)

I feel like we would already have had a deluxe Lover if that was actually being considered - she released All Of The Girls and Cruel Summer was smashing and they didn’t do it.

Realistically I think while they want to put a lot out they have to hold some things back for anniversaries/reissues.

I really feel like one day we’ll have reissues of the old albums with the original vault tracks but I’m a believer that she has or will buy her masters back.