Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) | Page 236 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. In my wildest dreams I'd be a 10min version of August and that live performance of Champagne Problems on side B.

2. I feel like the folklore long pond sessions make the most sense as an exclusive release.

I probably would be happiest with a collection of the soundtrack songs she did while with Big Machine.

But the majority of the stars being purple with just 2 in red has to be a sign of something Speak Now with a hint of Red?

nooniebao likes this.
  3. Those purple stars mean I am MANIFESTING Speak Now TV.

Florencia. likes this.
  4. What purple stars? Where? I'm so confused.
    Is there a social media account I'm forgetting to check?

5. In the tweet above and also here

6. In the event that was released, I doubt she’d include anything from BMLG, as she didn’t on the video or streaming releases

Espeon likes this.
  7. We’ll definitely have a least an announcement of the next release by April, so whether it’s a variant of that or a unique release, time will tell. But the purple stars and text are promising….

Florencia. and Espeon like this.
  8. Ohhhhhh I didn't realize @Florencia. edited her post. I'm dumb.
    Anyway, that's awesome! Super excited and really hoping it'll be Speak Now.

Florencia. and Ashling92 like this.
  9. The fact it says (Taylor’s Version) is a hint to a re-release as well, no?

JasonJay, Florencia. and Ashling92 like this.
  10. There are 13 purple stars…

Island and JasonJay like this.
  11. She wouldn’t miss out on the money from making her vinyl album available through all options nn - but maybe a vinyl release of the lead single?

Florencia. likes this.
  12. Speak Now is the last one I'm most excited for, so I will be manifesting Enchanted (Taylor's Version).

On a similar note, I'm interested in how she'll approach the Speak Now artwork given that it feels the most steeped in her fairytale worldbuilding. The new Fearless cover was a shoot and the Red cover was a soft boot, so hoping for more of the former than the latter.

13. I could see it being an exclusive variant of the next re-recording (presumably Speak Now) for record stores but her still having regular variants available through other channels.

Bobbyrae, aux, Florencia. and 2 others like this.
  14. Excited about the RSD news! I could see it either being:
    -A RSD exclusive variant of the next re-recording
    -The Long Pond Sessions
    -A 10" of the All Too Well 10 Minute Version

Also, April is earlier than it usual is, no?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  15. The way she's going to send 'Enchanted (Taylor's Version)' straight to #1

[​IMG]

nbtsa, Sail On, Rob and 20 others like this.
  16. April was when Fearless (Taylor’s Version) was released, so she might be doing an April & November release again this year? Who knows with her.

Florencia. likes this.
  17. Isn't this a Sophie Ellis-Bextor song?
    The quotes around "special release" have a threatening aura.

18. I very much doubt she’d (re)release another album coinciding with record store day. Perhaps a limited edition vinyl of some sorts, but nothing too major. The optics would be her hijacking the day for self-promotion when it is supposed to be about driving traffic to independent record stores/boosting the sales of independent artists. It’s really cool that she’s adding visibility to it, but I can’t imagine the chaos that would ensue if she released anything major for it/the backlash from independent artists who would be missing out on sales because Swifties stormed every record store dd

19. Earlier than usual for RSD, I think it's normally in June? But I could totally see the next re-release coming in April.

20. RSD usually landed in April pre-Covid, but it's been later in the year during the past couple of years.

HairBodyFace likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.