Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Most sad we will never get Taylor's In My Dreams

Mikal and Txetxu like this.
  2. Just putting this here too

3. I recall Miley, Kelly, Kacey, so many people supporting her in 2019 regarding the Masters? When Kanye interrupted her even the president went to bat for her. She is right but she's by no means the underdog or the punching bag she was pre-rep.

4. I guess I should've specified, men supporting her this time around. I recall a lot of the people she helped in the past leaving her to bat alone during the masters situation. Basically I just wanted a reason to drag Ed Sheeran.

5. That's always valid!

6. Just say you don't like her music flop!

GodsAndMonsters and Espeon like this.
  7. It's so satisfying to see a boomer being hounded by a terrifying fandom like the Swifties. Shut up ugly!

8. It's a strange thing to accuse her of. You could say she's a bad vocalist, performer, etc but you really cannot say she is a bad songwriter or businesswoman. Like maybe if he said this about Beyonce or Selena Gomez but why Taylor? It just makes you look dumb.

9. I mean you could, but you’d be wrong

10. Okay but we know she’s already decided her next album is going to be solely written by her now?

11. Yeah, I saw this... scream! I told my partner Damon better be careful next time he's in England. Maisie will hunt him down. She is small, but fierce. He wouldn't stand a chance.

[​IMG]

Oddly, this whole episode made me think of when Liam Gallagher came out as a Tay fan.

"Liam Gallagher has revealed that he’s a Taylor Swift fan.

The former Oasis frontman has spoken out against the current state of guitar music in recent times, saying that British bands “should be ashamed of the shit they put out”.

Now, in an interview with Newsweek, he’s shared his view on modern pop music, saying: “I don’t know what pop music is.”

“Taylor Swift makes some good pop songs,” Gallagher added. “You know what I mean?” ‘Shake It Off’ is a fucking tune.”

GRMusic, Wishlight, Truce and 4 others like this.
  12. Sure, but it wouldn't be as ridiculous as calling out the one thing that she's undeniably great at.

13. Noodle is about to get rubbed out and the paper she was drawn on shredded by the Swifties.

14. The nerve of these men will never fail to astound me. Reminds me of when the Green Day guy also used Billie to say her music was real to drag Ariana’s. Fucking weirdos.

15. Yesss Aaron

I was not expecting Nathan to join the conversation, but if someone knows how Taylor has worked from the beginning it's him. And Liz Rose

16. Oh wow Nathan is truly a plot twist, and I like it

Please produce Speak Now TV

17. Men are never questioned about their songwriting. It’s exclusively for women. Exhausting.

Sam, nikkysan, snoho and 38 others like this.
  18. rdp

rdp

I think it's funny how the combination of the dominance of standom + social media + hyper aware PR teams changed these exchanges of insults between musicians. Twelve years ago Róisín Murphy would say Lady Gaga deserved to be thrown out of a building and all you'd get was a fight between twelve homossexuals in the comments section of Oh No They Didn't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.