Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 339 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excited / nervous for the setlist. Low key praying for Sparks Fly. I hope All Too Well makes the cut as well.

EDIT: just realised you're not talking about 1989 tour but point still stands.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. We are going to get a 1989 setlist and I am more than happy with that. The Speak Now and Red Tours were basically the albums with a few throwbacks slotted in for good measure. It will be sad if the only remnant of country TayTay we get is an encore performance of 'Love Story' though.

3. It's pretty much a given she'll be rolling out that slow 'current pop' version of Love Story at the tour, isn't it?

(I don't like it)

4. I'm a bit bemused by the negative reactions to the video. I saw it for the first time yesterday and I love it. So beautiful and engrossing.

5. I would love her to do Sparks Fly since she's done it on every tour since she wrote it (Fearless, Speak Now and Red) but I fully expect 1989 + the Red singles.

6. His mix of 1989 is the best thing Ryan Tedder has contributed to this whole era. I need it in studio form.

7. The Brits will be great, also if she could be bothered to drop by Ellen Style would probably go top 5.

8. RJF

RJF

Also, "Style" is at No.17 on iTunes UK.

She's coming. Although it's a shame that she's most likely not going to get a No.1 here until she either relents to Spotify or the OCC includes YouTube views.

9. She better!
    (I love it)

10. Could someone post a link to that, I'm lazy but I'd like to compare the old with the new.

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7n3sPS4BI

I was literally watching as he posted it. I love it and would be happy for her to perform. It's very Out Of The Woods-y.

12. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I'd love it if she actually sang a decently long show this tour, and not those 13 song sets she usually prefers. For $300 tickets, I expect a damn show.

13. This is a better vocal for Love Story:

[video=youtube;hJ9RaNTUrmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9RaNTUrmo[/video]

14. What is that??

15. Her iHeartradio rehearsal.

16. I've just listened to both versions of the song and I vastly prefer the newer one, shock horror coming from a 1989 onwards stan. Why couldn't it be a deluxe edition/iTunes bonus track on the album...

17. While I really like 1989 and lov her continual world domination - I will be a little sad if the set list really is just the album + red singles. I dislike the Red singles and I honestly don't remember the performances of them from the last tour.

Give me Sparks Fly, Fearless etc any day.

18. No and no. Our Song is a must, obvi.

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The reason 'tour rehearsals' have been so time consuming/promo-ending is she's changed all of her hits to fit the 1989 soundscape. There's no way the setlist is going to be this album and Red singles.

20. Gimme the "'Taylor Swift's 1989 Story: a Remaster' including the hits 'You Belong With Me', 'Back to December', 'Our Song', 'Haunted', 'Fifteen' and 'Sparks Fly' remastered" that I need, queen.

Just imagine the thrill of going Love Story (1989 Edition) to Out of the Woods to Haunted (1989 Edition) in a concert. RIP, the world.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.