Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 468 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMG

SMG

The Grammy's do seem to have a soft spot for Taylor, though. And her winning AOTY might make up for the controversy of BEYONCÉ losing out.

2. Plus her feud with Apple might endear her to many voters in the industry.

3. I would have preferred Beyonce winning Album of the Year over Taylor, but I have a feeling 1989 is more palatable to a large number of Grammy voters. What are the main challengers likely to be?

4. RJF

RJF

More white people.

5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Shame a nice instrumental had to be ruined by her awful vocals.

6. Alt-rock nonsense that no one buys.

7. #WhoAreTheSuburbs

8. Speaking of awards, "Blank Space" has to win Video of the Year at the VMAs, right? If she doesn't show up/perform there'll be 0 superstars there.

The obvious big competitor for Grammy domination is Kendrick. It'll be interesting to see what happens. It does seem like a thinnish field.

9. RJF

RJF

Absolutely not, unfortunately.

10. I doubt he wins too, but it's the only other 'obvious' album that has the combination of commercial/critical/pop-cultural profile to place it in that kind of bracket. Of course though, early frontrunners very rarely mean anything when it comes to the Grammys.

11. I can see Sufjan being the indie darling of the next Grammys.

12. I would actually die if Sufjan won.

13. I'd bet good money on her winning her second AOTY with 1989. She got so much good will from the Apple Music thing from the music industry as a whole (even the Grammys/National Academy themselves)...and they're the ones that vote for the winners.

To make no mention of the critical acclaim and the fact that it's easily the biggest album of the past year.

14. Was there """controversy""" outside of the Beyhive and internet gayz though?

NoSignOfLife likes this.
  15. I swear you've done nothing but defend the song before, I'm glad you finally realised its just not good!

Well, I think it's her worst ever song.

16. I hope she loses so she'll return back to country and be like, "fuck y'allzzz in the pop realm lololol".

17. Bad Blood falls to #4 on the Hot 100 this week.

18. She's over.

Wishlight, alanmr, ryjm and 4 others like this.
  19. Flop.

20. Bitch, I'm Madonna. It's impact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.