Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 469 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falling three spots on the chart, not falling off the stage itself.

2. I'll bookmark this for when Billboard unveil their 2016 amendments to the chart rules.

3. Sam

Sam

4. Since when did we act as if the Grammys actually mean anything? Biggest sham of the mythical EGOT.

5. Island

Island Staff Member

I don't want Taylor to win for this. She did deserve it with Fearless, though.

6. She could possibly win for 1989 and I wouldn't be sad. But I imagine that she will be going toe-to-toe with her comrade Kendrick Lamar. To Pimp A Butterfly is the most vital album of the year - even if Taylor's may be possibly my favorite - and the pop-culture-milking Grammys will more than likely try to rectify their disastrous choices of the past for a record in which perfectly embodies the turbulence of an era both critically and sonically. Even if the nominations are all smoke and mirrors, Kendrick will be her biggest competitor. Them winning for Bad Blood, which seems oh-so-possible, would be one of the most glorious moments.

7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Flip this now. Fearless should NOT have beaten The Fame.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Like that was her closest competition, anyways.

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I mean it kinda was.

10. I want Taylor to be my mum... even though we are the same age. Just have to put it out there, i could just watch her and listen in awe for hours!

11. Island

Island Staff Member

I thought Beyonce was her closest competition.

12. Sasha Fierce would've never won Album of the Year.

13. Island

Island Staff Member

It had the hype, though. Not as much as Taylor, though.

14. She's going to lose AOTY to Carly Rae.

15. Ummmmmm

Three good singles does not an AOTY make.

16. Fix it Abigail.

17. Yeah, The Fame as a body of work really didn't feel like it had a big impact. Gaga the star and the killer singles did, but 1989 feels like a juggernaut all on it's own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.